Mozart: A Life
by Maynard Solomon

ISBN: 0060926929

MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.

Synopsis
Child prodigy, creative genius, tortured soul—Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was all of these, and considered by many to be the greatest composer of all time. This biography seeks to learn what made him tick.

Solomon brings new psychological insight to the life and music of Mozart, from his birth in 1756, to his premature death in 1791. At a tender age, because of his very talents, Mozart became his family's provider. Beset with what the author calls "the myth of the eternal child," he was continually torn between his family and his own quest for freedom. This book explores issues crucial to understanding the man and his music, while it follows his extraordinary, prolific life: his flight from Salzburg to the capitals of Europe where he was honored by royal families and adoring fans, his emergence as a young composer and Salzburg's "favorite son," his conquest of Vienna, his marriage, his deepening melancholia, and his final triumphs. B&W illus. 640pp.

Hero(es) associated:
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart by Daeus from St. Paul

Add your comments

Name

Comments

Human check: please fill in the answer below...
1,2,3,4,5,6,,8,9,10

Use MY HERO's Media Watch to nominate outstanding programs that celebrate heroes.

Copyright by The MY HERO Project

home | directory | participate | guestbook | create | news wire | teacher's room | short films | library | gallery | about | privacy policy | site map

©2007 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved.

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange