A. Navoi wrote poetry over 500 years ago that has withstood the test of time.Ada Aharoni works for peace between Israelis and Palestinians with poetry.Alexander Pushkin was a Russian poet and writer who is beloved around the world.Anna Akhmatova is considered one of Russia's best poets.
Carl Sandburg wrote poems, stories and nonfiction about Americans and American life.Chairil Anwar was a beloved Indonesian poet.Christine de Pisan was a 15th century French poet.Dan Eldon inspired Kathy Eldon with his art, his poetry and his life.
Dante Alighieri contributed to Italian culture by his use of the Tuscan language instead of Latin.Doreen Van Lee writes about her Chicago childhood.Dr. Seuss Dr. Seuss was an artist who also wrote charming, absurd rhymes. DuBose Heyward Wrote most of the lyrics to the famous musical, 'Porgy and Bess.'
Dylan Thomas wrote: Life will carry on, always with the same vigor.Edgar Allan Poe was a renowned poet who overcame many hardships including depression.Edna St. Vincent Millay was a popular and critically acclaimed poet.Emily Elizabeth Dickinson wrote nearly 2,000 poems in her lifetime.
Emma Lazarus was an advocate for immigrants' rights and wrote the poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty.Federico Garcia Lorca: His Life in Brief France Preseren is the Slovene national poet and inspired Slovene literature.Gibran Kahlil Gibran was a Lebanese poet, artist and philosopher who is third after Shakespeare and Lao-Tsu.
Hadraawi (Mohamed Ibrahim Warsame) is a powerful voice for peace in his country.Henry Rago was a Poet and Professor whose poetry stands the test of time.Homer is the author of the Illiad and the Odyssey and the greatest ancient Greek epic poet.Ilse Bing was a remarkable poet and photographer. Her works withstand the test of time.
Isaac Rosenberg was a poet of the Great War.Jack Prelutsky is a beloved children's book author, and the first Children's Poet LaureateJohn McCrae was a Canadian soldier, doctor, author, artist, and renowed WWI poet.Khwajeh Shams al-Din Muhammad Hafez-e Shirazi is a renowned Iranian poet.
Langston Hughes was nicknamed the Poet Laureate of Harlem.Li Bai is often
referred to as
the 'God of Poets'
in China.
Lydia Maria Child wrote brilliantly to advocate for the abolition of slavery.Mahmoud Darwish was a beloved Palestinian poet.
Maria Josephine Barrios Filipina poet and activistMariama Khan writes poetry to champion the cause of the voiceless.Marina Tsvetaeva was a Russian poet and writer who candidly wrote about love and revolution.Mattie Stepanek is a hero to people of all ages around the world.
Maya Angelou is a beloved female author and poet.Mikhail Lomonosov was an important Russian polymath in science and literature.My Mother Read to Me is a tribute to a mother's love of reading.Naguib Mahfouz was the first Arab to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Ntozake Shange is the inventor of the choreopoem.Ogden Nash is a favorite American poet of light verse.Pablo Neruda is the most widely read Latin-American poet.Paul Laurence Dunbar was an African-American poet of the nineteenth century.
Phillis Wheatley was the first distinguished African-American poet. Plato was a great thinker, philosopher, teacher and advocate for human rights.Robert Lee Frost was named 'the national bard.'Robert Munsch is a favorite Canadian writer and poet.
Robert Penn Warren was the first Poet Laureate of the United States.Saul Williams is a Spoken Word Poet and Slam Champ.Shel Silverstein was a poet, playwright, lyricist and good friend.Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz couldn't live
without learning.

Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss) is an acclaimed children's author and poet.W.E.B. Dubois was a leading 19th century writer and scholar.William Shakespeare wrote plays & poetry that continue to have a lasting effect on readers all over the world. 

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange