Abigail Disney is a philanthropist and documentary filmmaker who focuses on social issues.Abraham Lincoln led with wisdom, humility, selflessness and generosity of spirit as 16th President of the US.Albert Baez was a prominent Mexican American physicist and pacifist.Alfred Nobel founded the Nobel Prize Organization.
Amy Biehl gave her life to ending apartheid in South Africa.Andrei Sakharov was a Russian Nobel Peace Prize winner devoted to justice and human rights.Andrew Greene Jr. of Sierra Leone teaches the world
about peace.
Archbishop Oscar Romero was a passionate voice of hope, peace and justice in war-torn El Salvador.
Ashoka was a fierce warrior-king who changed his ways and became a beloved peacemaker.Atsuko Shiwaku set up the International Intercultural Mural Exchange Project to promote peaceful coexistence.Azim Khamisa founded the Tariq Khamisa Foundation to encourage forgiveness.Barack Obama was awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for his commitment and efforts to promote peace in the world.
Bayard Rustin was an important leader in the U.S. Civil Rights movement.Benjamin Franklin was a scientist, inventor, visionary, statesman and philosopher.BETTY BIGOMBE was named 'Uganda's Woman of the Year' in 1994 for her efforts to negotiate peace in Uganda.Bob Marley had a vision of One World, One Love.
Chief Arvol Looking Horse appeals to indigenous voices
across the world to bring peace.
China Jails Peace Prize Supporter
for Subversion
Coalition of Women
for Peace
aims to make women a key part of the peace process in the Middle East.
Corbin Harney has spread a message
of peace throughout
the world.
Craig Kielburger believes kids can change the world.Dan Eldon inspired Kathy Eldon with his art, his poetry and his life.Daniel Ellsberg works to promote peace on the planet.Daniel Libeskind is an architect whose work inspires peace.
Daniel Pearl was a Wall Street Journal reporter who reported the news with courage, integrity, and intelligence. Dolores Huerta is a civil rights activist who worked with Cesar Chavez to found the United Farm Workers, Dr. Arnold Noyek, founder of CISEPO the Canada International Scientific Exchange ProgramDr. Caldicott has been a lifelong anti-nuclear activist.
Dr. Ed Gragert works towards peace and global education.Dr. Fareed Zakaria offers the world a rare perspective on East-West relations.Dr. Hawa Abdi is a Somali doctor, human rights activist and nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize.Dr. Jeni Stepanek is interviewed by MY HERO's Slater Jewell-Kemker.
Driuni Jakani: He's raising hope in southern Sudan by boosting crop yields - and women's rights Eboo Patel: Helping young people champion religious tolerance founded the Interfaith Youth Core to defend religious diversity.Elie Wiesel is a Holocaust survivor and author, whose work spreads a message of peace.Elie Wiesel wrote the famous Holocaust memoir Night.
Emily Greene Balch received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1946.Evgeny Alexeevich Gerzhov that living in peace with other countries is absolutely necessary.Fambul Tok is a community reconciliation program that means 'Family Talk'.Franklin Delano Roosevelt: The New Dealer guided the United States through the Great Depression and World War II.
Fridtjof Nansen was a scientist, explorer, humanitarian and diplomat.Friends Without Borders is building peace through children's heartfelt letters to one another in India and Pakistan.Funkor Child Art Center workds with many national and international organizations around the world to provide children with art and books.Garry Davis declared himself the first official world citizen.
Gerson Andres Florez Perez was nominated
for the Nobel Peace
Prize at age 16.
Gibran Kahlil Gibran was a Lebanese poet, artist and philosopher who is third after Shakespeare and Lao-Tsu.Glenn Paige's simple idea:
a 'nonkilling' world
Greg Mortenson promotes peace by building schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Guernica Picasso's
work of art evokes
peace worldwide.
Hadraawi (Mohamed Ibrahim Warsame) is a powerful voice for peace in his country.Harvey Milk was the first openly gay politician and worked to gain equal rights for the LGBT community.Hassan 2 was a monarch who worked for peace in the Middle East
Henry Dunant was the founder of the International Red Cross.Hugo Grotius was a scholar who advocated for peace between nations based on natural law and reason.Ibrahim Alex Bangura makes
music that sends a
message of peace
and tolerance.
Indira Johnson places intriguing sculptures to create dialogues on peace
Jane Addams was a leading reformist and peace advocate.Jason Crowe received the UN's
Global Peace &
Tolerance Award.
Jean Paul Samputu practices forgiveness - even for his father's killer Jehan Sadat is a leader for peace
and women's rights in Egypt.
Jimmy Carter For as long as she can remember, Sherry Lansing has considered President Carter her hero.Jimmy Carter has dedicated his life to humanitarian and philanthropic causes and to a peaceful world.John Lennon was a singer/songwriter, member of The Beatles and peace activist.John McCrae was a Canadian soldier, doctor, author, artist, and renowed WWI poet.
John Wallach helps young people learn to make friends of enemies.Kim Dae-Jung brought democracy and economic stability to South Korea.Kimmie Weeks survived the war in Liberia and now works to rebuild communities in war-torn countries.Kofi Annan is an honored freedom and peacemaker hero.
Le Ly Hayslip is a humanitarian, memoirist, and powerful peacemaker.Leo Tolstoy influenced Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. Linus Pauling won one undivided Nobel Prize for chemistry and one for peace.Loung Ung from Cambodia is a national spokesperson for a landmine-free world.
Lyndon Harris: People Making a Difference founded The Gardens of Forgiveness Project.Malika Sanders was born into the Civil Rights Movement and continues work today.Marc Dullaert is the founder of the International Children's Peace Prize.Marc Kielburger is a human rights activist who has dedicated his life to helping others.
Marianne Williamson is the founder of the Department of Peace Campaign.Martin Luther King, Jr. lived a life of forgiveness with strength and fearlessness.Martin Luther King, Jr. inspired Rev. Rosemary Bray McNatt. Martin Luther King, Jr. brought change through non-violence. by Nick Campbell from Juneau, Alaska
Mattie Stepanek is a hero to people of all ages around the world.Mattie Stepanek:
For Our World
Mattie's poems of peace and hope have touched millions of lives
Mikhail Gorbachev helped melt the ice of the Cold War.Mohamed Anwar El Sadat risked his life for peace.
Mohamed Sidibay is a youth reporter who is committed to making a difference in the world.Mohandas K. Gandhi used non-violence to free India from British rule.Muhammad Yunus started a bank for poor people in Bangladesh. My Hero & Childnet ask
"How can we use the Internet
as a Tool for Peace and Hope?"
Nelson Mandela is Muhammad Ali's hero because he understands what it means to fight against enormous oddsNelson Mandela's legacy:
The world remembers
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela dedicated his life to abolishing apartheid and establishing a democracy in South Africa.Nickole Evans is using technology for peace.
Oprah Winfrey was honored by the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity .Oscar Arias Sanchez won a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to establish peace in Central America.Peace Bringer - August/September 2012
(& Summer 2013 Update Honoree!)
Jeanne Meyers, MY HERO Project
Peace Children voted overwhelmingly for peace and change.
Peace It Together empowers youth to promote peace.Peace Palace
International Court Of Justice
seeks global peace and justice by settling disputes between countries.
Peace Pilgrim
(Mildred Norman Ryder)
walked over 25,000 miles for peace.
PeaceJam Foundation Students from around the world focus on a Global Call to Action for peace on the anniversary of 9/11.
Playing For Real Reggie McBride & Mark Johnson make Peace through Music with Playing for Change- Pope John Paul II was one of the most widely travelled and influential leaders of the 20th century.Postpessimists is working for change
in the Balkans.
Ralph Bunche was a diplomat and teacher who won a Nobel Peace Prize.
Rigoberta Menchu Tum was the first Guatemalan to
receive the Nobel
Peace Prize.
Romeo Alain Dallaire is a celebrated humanitarian for his work during the Rwandan genocide.Ron Kovic is a peacemaker, artist and author who sheds light on those using media to promote peace in the world.Ron Kovic has worked for peace for over four decades.
Roshi Bernie Glassman finds
peace in using
Zen to help
others.
Ruty Hotzen inspires students from around the world through Talking Kites, iEARN.Ryuichi Hirokawa photographer who illuminates the needs of children in crisis.Sadako Sasaki inspired an international peace movement.
Saint Francis of Assisi was a true example of harmonious existence on Earth.Sarah Winnemucca was an advocate for Paiute rights and the first Native American woman to publish a book.Sergio Vieira de Mello was a Brazilian UN diplomat remembered for his courageous dedication for peace.Shirin Ebadi is a human rights activist who works to promote peace.
Slater Jewell-Kemker is an award-winning student reporter and filmmaker who works for a better environment and for peace.Stephanie Hope Smith works as a neutral mediator for Native American tribes.The Art Miles Mural Project
Joanne Tawfilis
teaches respect and understanding through art.
The Everest Peace Project promotes peace, teamwork, and cultural understanding.
The Fourteenth Dalai Lama lives peace and is a pillar of integrity to many people.Theodore Roosevelt won the Nobel Prize for Peace for brokering a treaty between Japan and Russia.UWC Initiative for Peace brings together teens from India and Pakistan to discuss nuclear disarmament.Winston Churchill was one of the first to recognize and warn others of Hitler's danger to freedom and human rights.

Womens Peace Movement of Liberia stopped the violence in through peaceful means.Yitzhak Rabin made peace a priority as the leader of Israel.Yuri Mason shared her love of life and peace through the power of her paintings. 

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange