Alexandrine Tinne was a young Dutch explorer and the first female to attempt to cross the Sahara.Amelia Earhart was the first woman pilot to cross the Atlantic.Bertrand Piccard has circum-navigated the earth in a balloon.Chiaki Mukai is the first female Japanese astronaut.
Chuck Yeager was the first man to break the sound barrier.Cristina Diaz:
Biologist
studies intertidal and tropical sponges.
Daniel Boone was a great American pioneer.David Livingstone was a medical missionary who explored Africa and spoke out against slavery.
Dawa Steven Sherpa works to protect his beloved Himalayan Mountains and villages.Elena Caragiani-Stoenescu was the first woman pilot from Romania.Ellen Ochoa was the first Hispanic woman astronaut.Ellison S. Onizuka has a legacy that continues to live on after the Challenger disaster.
Ernest Shackleton in 1901 sailed out in the Discovery to explore the Antarctic.Franklin Chang Diaz is a Costa Rican and American veteran of seven Space Shuttle missions.Fridtjof Nansen was a daring explorer, a freedom fighter, and a selfless humanitarian. Guion Bluford became the first African-American in space.
Ibn Battutah was a Moroccan Muslim scholar who became one of the greatest world travellers and journalists of all time.Jacques Cousteau invented the Aqua-Lung, a predecessor to the SCUBA systems used by divers worldwide today.James Herman Banning was an early African American aviator.Jean Batten made the first-ever solo flight from England to New Zealand.
Jim Bridger was an explorer and mountain man of the Western U.S.Jim Lovell responded quickly and calmly during crises on two Apollo missions.John Glenn was the first American to orbit the earth. John Muir advocated preservation, feeling that natural areas promote mental health.
John Wesley Powell is an internationally venerated advocate for preserving biodiversity.Judith A. Resnik inspired others with her determination to become a scientist and an astronaut.Libby Riddles won the Iditarod dog sled race in 1985.Mae Jemison dreamed of going to space since childhood.
Marco Polo was a famous explorer to the Far East.Matthew Henson was a brave African-American Arctic explorer, and the co-discoverer of the North Pole.Mauricio de Nassau was a famous Dutch explorer.Merieme Chadid is an astronomer from Morocco who did research at the South Pole.
Neil A. Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon.Orville and Wilbur Wright were brothers determined to build a better flying machine.Paul Sipiera led an expedition into Antarctica to find meteorites for NASA.Ranald MacDonald was a Native American/Scot wayfarer who helped open up Japan to the West.
Robert Ballard conducts scientific expeditions around the world with students.Roy Chapman Andrews was an explorer and the director of the American Museum of Natural History.Sacajawea guided Lewis and Clark across the northwestern territories.Sally Kristen Ride was the first American woman to go into space.
Sally Ride, first US woman in space, dies at 61 was the first American woman to go into space.Sir Douglas Mawson led the first research expedition into Antarctica.Sir Edmund Hillary was the first to climb Mt. Everest.Steve Fossett circum-navigated the earth in a balloon.
Sylvia Earle is a marine biologist and ambassador of the oceans.Valentina Tereshkova is the first woman and first civilian to fly in space.Yuri Gagarin was the first human being to journey into space.Yury Usachev is a famous Russian cosmonaut and passionate ambassador for the space program.

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange