Aaron Chang inspires others through his photos of the beauty and majesty of the ocean.Adarsha Shivakumar and Apoorva Rangan
Project Jatropha
started the nonprofit Project Jatropha which is an alternative to fossil fuel.
Aitan Grossman wrote an environmental song called 100 Generations that has been sung and recorded by students around the world.Alan Rabinowitz started the first ever jaguar preserve.
Alberto Yanosky works to save forests by assisting Paraguay's government.Alexandra Cousteau was honored as an Earth Trustee by the UN in 2007 for her work to protect the oceans.An engineering mom leads effort to save an old-growth Russian forest Andrew Cote roams the world to teach the sweet science of beekeeping
Ansel Adams was an 'artist-activist' whose photographs of nature inspired conservation.Antonio Roman-Alcala and Alemany Farm is a gardening activist seeking a sustainable food system.Australian Aborigines
Protecting Wetlands
by working to conserve the environment around them.
Barbara Stuart Rabinowitsch was a member of the Laguna Beach Greenbelt and of Ballet Pacifica.
Barefoot College and Microformers shine as innovative power solutions Barry Commoner works to protect the environment and raise awareness about the danger of radio activity.Ben Redclay was an earthkeeper whose legacy lives on through his daughter.Benjamin Kahn involves school children in regrowing coral to help save damaged reefs in the Red Sea.
Beth Rickard
Environmentalist
is an advocate of solar as the energy of the future.
Bill Roley taught children in a Mexican orphanage how to work the land.CAMPUS CENTER FOR APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY at Humboldt State University.Caroline Cannon is an Inupiat indigenous leader who is a champion for biodiversity in the Arctic Sea.
Cesar Chavez fought against the use of pesticides for the protection of migrant farm workers.Chico Mendes was a father who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defending rainforests.Chief Oren Lyons is an internationally venerated advocate for preserving biodiversity.Coalition helps the Connecticut River become the first National Blueway
Curacao looks at using ocean water for power David Nathan Chain was killed during a nonviolent protest to save the redwoods.David T. Suzuki has been teaching the public about the science of environmentalism for many years.Deland Chan started an environmental group at the YMCA in New York City.
Denis Hayes founded the Earth Day Network and is a leader in environmental and energy policy.Dennis Weaver was an actor and advocate for animals and ecologically sustainable living.Dian Fossey worked to protect the endangered Mountain Gorilla.Donald Knaack is a musician whose unique productions inspire people of all ages to explore, create and give back to others.
Dr. E.O. Wilson studies the impact that human activity has on the planet.Dr. Elvia Niebla
Soil Scientist
is dedicated to soil conservation.
Dr. John Todd: A Sewer Becomes
a Water Park
with floating botanical gardens that are helping restore ecological health.
Dr. Liang Congjie and Friends of Nature: was a voice for China's environment.
Dr. Richard Murphy
Marine Biologist
educates others about the sea and ways to protect the oceans for the future.
Dr. Robert Ballard
and the JASON project
bring scientific exploration to children around the world.
Dr. Shirley McGreal founded the International Primate Protection League.Dr. Vandana Shiva works to preserve biodiversity for the planet.
Dramatic elephant rescue Emily Hunter is an environmental activist, eco-journalist and filmmaker.Emily Pozo created ICE to assist and educate residents of the Galapagos IslandsEnvirofit retrofits engines to reduce pollution and enhance energy efficiency in developing countries.
Erica Fernandez gave a voice to the voiceless and saved her neighborhood.Favio Chavez makes music out of garbage.Fin Donnelly works to keep our rivers and waters clean.Five ways to make aquaculture more sustainable
Frances Moore Lappe works to eliminate the injustices that cause hunger.Friends of the Sea Lion rescue, treat, and release these mammals back into the ocean.George Schaller is a world-renowned naturalist.Gerald Durrell established the Jersey Wildlife Preservation Trust for endangered species.
GoodGuide and others use technology to help turn consumers green Green roofs in Nairobi save energy, water Greenpeace works globally to save the environment.Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Cleanup Team work hard to return the Gulf to a healthy state.
Harrison Ford is an actor, humanitarian and ardent conservationist.Hayrettin Karaca is known as Grandfather Earth for making our planet brighter, greener and better for future generations.Heat-absorbing ceramic stoves cut fuel use Heather DeWitt is a devoted conservationist.
Help Mary Save Coral works to repopulate the world's coral.How renewable energy is rescuing US schools from budget cuts India's feisty - and effective - environmental champion J.N. (Ding) Darling was a conservationist and cartoonist who used his art to raise awareness about the environment.
Jack Johnson is a musician who encourages kids to take care of the environment.Jack Rudloe works to conserve the ecosystem of the Gulf of Mexico.Jack Sim has started a worldwide campaign for clean public toilets and better sanitation standards.Jacques Cousteau invented the Aqua-Lung, a predecessor to the SCUBA systems used by divers worldwide today.
Jaime Lynn Butler is the story of a young Navaho artist environmentalist.James Dilley worked to protect open space in Laguna Canyon.James Pribram
ECO Warrior
Jane Goodall is an authority on wild chimpanzees.
Jane Goodall is an authority on wild chimpanzees.Jean-Michel Cousteau is committed to protecting the ocean for future generations through education and conservation.Jim and Jamie Dutcher are wolf conservationists.Jim Dilley was the founder of the Laguna Beach Greenbelt.
Jody Williams is a human rights activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner who began a campaign to rid the world of landmines.John Chapman (Johnny Appleseed) is a much loved American hero and legend.John Dennis Liu inspires people to save Earth's ecosystem John Denver was an American songwriter/singer and activist for the environment.
John McConnell founded Earth Day (March 20) and continues his fight for environmental education and awareness.John Muir advocated preservation, feeling that natural areas promote mental health.Joseph Ki-Zerbo works to help Africans retain control of their country's agriculture.Julia Hill brought public attention to deforestation in California.
Kaa-Iya
del Gran Chaco
National Park
is the only park in the Americas established and run by indigenous peoples.
Kory Johnson was honored with the Goldman Environmental Prize in 1998.L.E.A.F. Rocks empowers youth to use the art of film, music and technology to become environmental leaders.Latino Environmental Activists are shaping an urban agenda with smog, foul water among priorities.
Laurie David is passionately committed to stopping global warming.Lawrence Anthony was known as the Elephant WhispererLeanne Sarco recruited Facebook friends to save Gulf Coast's hermit crabsLynn Herring is one farmer who acts to save environment from factory farms.
MacGillivray Family founded the non-profit MacGillivray Freeman Films Educational FoundationMali Bickley is proud of her students who won Best Film (Rainforest Fable), Elementary category, of the 8th Annual MY HERO Film Festival.Marjory Stoneman Douglas worked tirelessly to preserve the Everglades.Mary Hutton frees Asia's endangered bears from lives of torment is the founder of Free the Bears
Mia Siscawati teaches people to protect their environment.Michael Reynolds
Garbage Warrior
combines biology and architecture to build sustainable housing.
Mika Vanhanen is the founder and director of Environment Online, a global virtual school for sustainable development.Mike Browne started Get the Lead Out of Fishing
Mrs. Mei Ng:
Friends of the Earth
(Hong Kong)
uses education to foster environmental awareness in China
My Trip to Catalina Island Slater, a young environmental and peace activist, meets her hero, Jean-Michel Cousteau.Nancy Caruso is a marine biologist who helped bring kelp forests back to the California coast.Nicole Dewing and
Curtis McCormack
joined the Peace Corps and started a waste recycling project in Joal, Senegal.
Ocean Robbins helps organize young people committed to protecting the planet.Oil Spill Volunteers Looking For Ways to Help Olivia Bouler Olivia created 500 paintings of her feathered friends to raise funds for Audubon's bird rescue. Philippe Cousteau continues the work of his father, Jacques Cousteau, through Earth Echo International
PRETOMA works to protect ocean resources in Costa Rica.Prigi Arisandi works to educate people on the importance of protecting the rivers of IndonesiaPublic-private teamwork helps save Connecticut's threatened alewives Rachel Carson was the mother of the environmental movement.
Ramani Sankaranarayanan
and Geeta Vaidyanathan
founded CTxGrEn to show villagers how to turn native materials into fuel for electricity.
Randall Arauz founded the Association for the Restoration of Sea Turtles (PRETOMA). Reef Ball Foundation restores damaged coral reef systems around the world.Ric O'Barry works to free captive dolphins around the world.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is an eco-warrior defending the earth for future generations.Robert Redford established the Sundance Film Festival to effect change in the world.Robin Emmons is an organic farmer who has created a foundation to fight hunger.Rod MacVicar teaches kids how to take care of our oceans and streams.
Rory Stear and Kristine Pearson developed and distribute wind-up and solar powered radios to poor communities around the world. Rowena Gerber and her students raise money to send Solar Ovens around the world. Roxanne Kremer works with the Mestizo Indians of the Peruvian rainforest to save pink dolphins. Roz Savage challenges people to live in a more environmentally conscious way.
Ryan Hreljac helps build wells for clean water in Africa.Saint Francis of Assisi was a true example of harmonious existence on Earth.Sandra Postel believes in the importance of water conservation.Saving The World's Ancient Trees:
One Clone at a Time
Severn Cullis-Suzuki an environmental activist, speaker, television host.Singapore's "Supertrees" Bring National Gardens into City Center SOCCKET energy-generating soccer ball powers up poor villages Stanislav Petrov averted nuclear disaster, yet remains unknown to most.
SUJANA cleans roads in Indonesia to help the environment.Surfrider Foundation is dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world's oceans, waves and beaches.Suryo Wardhoyo Prawiroatmodjo educated people in Indonesia to protect the environment.Sylvia Earle is a marine biologist and ambassador of the oceans.
Tanzania: Obama kicks soccer ball, generates power Terram Foundation brings job growth, community involvement, and local solutions to larger environmental concerns.Texas Wetlands Restoration
Could be Model for 5 Gulf States
The goal: Help India's poorest of the poor brickmakers
Theodore Roosevelt was a pioneer in protecting the environment.Tuy Sereivathana is a Cambodian environmentalist who solves conflicts between elephants and people.Using a wood chipper to save cheetahs, Africa's most endangered big cats Velma Bronn Johnston worked to save the wild mustangs in the United States
Wangari Maathai founded the Green Belt Movement that plants trees to help restore the desolate ecosystem in Africa. Wes Jackson was a professor who returned to the land to advance sustainable agriculture practices.When Tom McNichol saw swirling
trash he launched his Clean Up Boat
William McDonough designs buildings for ecological sustainability.

YouthCaN is a youth-
run organization
promoting environmental awareness through technology.
Zander Srodes
and Turtle Talks
has educated over 5,000 students on sea turtles and marine conservation.

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange