'No Butts' Measure Inspired by Ingenious Woodbridge Siblings 'Pay for success' social-impact bonds help train ex-convicts 'Repair Cafes' reject a 'toss it out' culture 'Stove Man' videos aim to light a fire
'The Hunger Games' movie attracts campaigns to fight real-world hunger 2013 Torchlight Prize honors
grass-roots US community groups
A Powerful Noise promotes the global empowerment of womenA quirky, tiny grass-roots effort backs only 'Awesome' projects
A rabbi and a Palestinian farmer are neighbors, partners and friends Ablaye is a talented artist with an ambitious career planned, despite his physical disability.After Boston Marathon blast, many show kindness to runners Albert Baez was a prominent Mexican American physicist and pacifist.
Alex Hill helped to bring medical supplies to a Ugandan village.Alice Baum and her husband Don Burnes left behind their careers to help the homeless.Alvaro Cogollo uses popular music to entice Colombians to love nature Ana Dodson formed Peruvian Hearts to provide Peruvian orphans an education.
Andrew E. Lieberman works to preserve indigenous languages and cultures.Andrew Greene Jr. of Sierra Leone teaches the world
about peace.
Andrew Stoloff's Rubicon Bakery gives a second chance to ex-cons Angela Brooks is an architect who works to create sustainable and affordable housing.
Anshu Gupta brings 'clothing for dignity' to India Anthony Dale Leanna donates 'Heavenly Hats' to cancer patients under treatment.Antonio Roman-Alcala and Alemany Farm is a gardening activist seeking a sustainable food system.Apps for Good: technical innovation from the minds and thumbs of disadvantaged youths
Art Miles Mural Project uses art to create a more peaceful global community. Ashley Rhodes-Courter is an advocate for foster children and adoption rights.Azie Morton valued education and gave back to her community.BAFTA LA brings Shakespeare to life for South LA students.
Barbara Harrell-Bond gives refugees what they say they need most - legal aid Barbara Stuart Rabinowitsch was a member of the Laguna Beach Greenbelt and of Ballet Pacifica.Barefoot College and Microformers shine as innovative power solutions Beau Doherty is the president of Special Olympics Connecticut and the creator of the Unified Sports Program.
Becky Matkov works to preserve Miami's indigenous history.Bilaal Rajan is the founder of Making Change Now and Canada's child ambassador to UNICEF.Bill Gross helps farm families
in need through Farm Rescue
Blake Mycoskie founded TOMS Shoes to bring shoes to children who don't have them.
Bob Geldof is known for his anti-poverty work for Africa and is a Nobel Prize nominee.Bob Hansman's inner-city art
program became so much more
Bono (Paul Hewson) is a musician, advocate for AIDS victims and a humanitarian.Brandon Keefe provides books to
underfunded
libraries in his
hometown.
Brian Cox is the recreation director at South Central Park in Los Angeles who has given hope to the children and neighborhood.Brian Mullaney is the founder of Surgery for the Poor.Bringing quicker, easier solar power to rural Africa Bruce Springsteen is a musician who 'taps the full power of music to tell the real American story'.
Bruno Serato is a chef who feeds 300 children at his restaurant every night, 7 nights a week.Budi and Peggy Soehardi
Roslin Orphanage
provides a loving home to care for displaced and orphaned children in East Timor.
Bunker Roy has dedicated his life to improving the lives of the rural poor in India.Cameron Sinclair is the founder of Architecture for Humanity, which brings services to communities in need.
Camila-Batmanghelidjh: Giving London street kids - even teen gang members - a safe (and colorful) home Camille Zamora & Monica Yunus are best friends who founded Sing for HopeCanal Futura is a Brazilian television channel which provides access to education.Catchafire matches talented volunteers with opportunities to serve
Cesar Chavez was a tireless advocate for migrant farm workers.Changing the face of aid, literally Charlie Weingarten finds fresh ways to champion selfless acts of philanthropy Chelsey Barrios and her peers collected thousands of books to give to Read to Grow.
Chepe Ubaque survived Colombia's mean streets. Now he helps others do the same. Chi Nguyen was honored for helping street children in Vietnam.Chief Wilma Mankiller was the first woman to serve as Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation.Child's Play
Touring Theater
performs worldwide works written by kids.
Christian Bryan Alexander Harvey visits schools to talk about social justice and how to stop bullying.Clara Hale was foster mother and founder of the Hale House.Cle Ross is bringing youth baseball back to an inner city Clotilde Dedecker provides educational opportunities for girls in Afghanistan.
Colin Flahive opened a restaurant in China that's a beacon of enlightened management Colin Powell is an honored statesman and military leader who continues to serve.Coluche is a French humorist who created an organization to feed the poorConfronting bullying, one drumbeat at a time
Connie Siskowski follows her true passion to care for the youngest of the caregivers.Corey Brooks camped on a rooftop to boost his Chicago neighborhood Corinne Almquist volunteers to restore the tradition of gleaning.Craig Kielburger is an activist for childrens' rights and has founded 'Me to We' and 'Free the Children'.
Dallas Jessup made 'Just Yell Fire' to teach young women to defend themselves Dallas mosque feeds the
hungry at a 'Day of Dignity'
Dana Reeve was an actress and advocate for the disabled. She was the heroic wife of Christopher Reeve.Daniel Karslake says hunger and poverty can be solved. He's made a film proving it.
Danielle Gletow lends a helping hand to children in foster care Dave Congdon is a Special Olympics athlete and an inspiration to many facing barriers and difficult times.David Eads runs FreeGeek Chicago,
'an Apple Store for the rest of us'
David Hunt saves lives by teaching
swimming in Cambodia
David Packard was the co-founder of Hewlett Packard and a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom.Denise Dunning unlocks girl
power through Let Girls Lead
Dennis Chavez was the longest serving Hispanic U.S. Senator.Dennis Ryan
Lawrence
and Tara Ann
Lawrence
raise
funds to fight
cancer.
Derrius Quarles founded Million Dollar Scholar to help other students afford an education Detective Luis Rosa volunteers to make the lives of people with disabilities better.Devin VanCleave was the Ambassador for a campaign to collect toys for children's hospitals.Diane Challis Davy directs the Laguna Beach Pageant of the Masters.
Diane Luby Lane shows teens how performing poetry can ignite their dreams Diners go 'Halfsies' to fight hunger and obesity Divine Bradley:
Team Revolution
encourages kids to become involved in their communities and become leaders.
Dominic Deng Diing, a refugee in the U.S., educates 3,000 children back in South Sudan
Doug Miller Is an iconic artist and musician in Laguna Beach, Calfifornia.Dr. Ed Gragert works towards peace and global education.Dr. Ella Mae Piper helped young people and the elderly in her community of Fort Myers.Dr. Felton Earls treats communities through his work.
Dr. Fred Barnett is a wise and compassionate pediatrician known for his caring ways.Dr. Govindappa Venkataswamy cares for the eyes of millions of people in India.Dr. Larry Thomas is the founder of the Tropical Health Alliance Foundation.Dr. Madan Kataria has started a revolution of joy and laughter that is spreading around the world.
Dr. Philip Zimbardo - Psychologist has created the Heroic Imagination Project to foster the belief that we are all heroes in waiting.Duarte Paiva helps the homeless by designing lockers to house their things Ed Grant is passionate about helping others better their lives.Efren Penaflorida helped create Dynamic Teen Company
Elizabeth Daley has created an outstanding multi media educational program that serves as a model for the world.Elizabeth Glaser created the Pediatric AIDS Foundation.Elizaveta Glinka: 'Dr. Liza' heads a free clinic that helps Moscow's homeless and hopeless Ellen Lee DeGeneres is a comedienne and advocate for disadvantaged children, animals, and cancer survivors.
Emily Pozo created ICE to assist and educate residents of the Galapagos IslandsEmmanuel Ofosu Yeboah rode a bike across Ghana to challenge the stigma of being disabled.Engineers Without Borders are working to change the world.Equest integrates academic, social and physical skills, using the horse as a catalyst.
Eric Maddox breaks bread - and barriers - one virtual dinner at a time Eric Samuel established Community Food Enterprise to reduce food poverty in East London. Erica Fernandez gave a voice to the voiceless and saved her neighborhood.Eunice Kennedy Shriver dedicated her life to raising awareness and creating opportunities for the intellectually disabled.
Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert made tremendous advancements in food safety in the American SouthwestFambul Tok is a community reconciliation program that means 'Family Talk'.Favio Chavez makes music out of garbage.Fernando Garcia bridges the gap between residents and law enforcers in El Paso, Texas
FilmAid International educates, informs and to brings hope and joy to thousands of refugees.Five microcredit programs innovate to break the cycle of poverty Five poverty-fighting women to watch Five reasons to serve others
For Boston Marathon's charity runners, resolve and camaraderie unshaken Frances Moore Lappe is a passionate and pioneering thinker, world changer, and activist in many movements.Franco Majok fled Sudan - but returned to build a school Fred Batley gives young and aspiring actors and actresses a chance to shine.
Friends of the Sea Lion rescue, treat, and release these mammals back into the ocean.From gangs to gardens: Community agriculture transforms a San Francisco neighborhood Funkor Child Art Center workds with many national and international organizations around the world to provide children with art and books.Games for change: How digital fun is becoming a way to better the world
Geoffrey Canada is an educator, social activist and president of the Harlem Childrens Zone in New York.Ginger Passarelli is a good
Samaritan with a soup ladle
Girls for Gender Equity, Inc. encourages girls to live self-determined and healthy lives and to contribute to their community.Gleaning for good: an old idea is new again
Global Kids Leaders volunteer
to help their
schools and
communities.
Global Youth Service Day increases awareness of the contributions of youth.GoodGuide and others use technology to help turn consumers green Grace Lee Boggs has advocated for marginalized people for over 70 years
Greg Mortenson persevered to build a school in a remote village in Pakistan.Guillermo Ojeda-Lajud is a Mexican teacher who helps his students gain filmmaking skills to make a statement about their environment.Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Cleanup Team work hard to return the Gulf to a healthy state.Hajime Shiraishi's tiny but influential OurPlanet-TV keeps focus on Japan's nuclear disaster
Hamdy al-Azazy helps victims of human trafficking in Egypt Hany El-Miniawy is an Egyptian architect who uses architecture to help alleviate poverty.Harry Leong contributes to the community in Chinatown, Philadelphia.Harvey Milk was the first openly gay politician and worked to gain equal rights for the LGBT community.
Hazviperi Betty Makoni founded the Girl Child Network to transform lives.Heather Martina's Aunt Heather leaves everything to help others.Heather DeWitt is a devoted conservationist.Hector Morales teaches students to be self-sufficient environmentalists.
Helping New Orleans make a comeback is her personal passion Henry Red Cloud: a solar warrior
for native America
Herb Alpert is a musician and artist who inspires young people to reach their potential.Holly Carter gives kids and others the tools to tell their stories.
Hortense Miller created a botanical garden on her hillside property and bequeathed it to her town of Laguna Beach.Howard Buffett seeks lasting solutions to the world's food and water crises Humanitarian Hero Abdul Sattar Edhi
is Pakistan's Mother Teresa
Ian Taylor climbs the heights to help build a school in Africa .
Ikal Angelei: A Kenyan woman stands up against a massive dam project In Nelson Mandela's village of Qunu,
prayers and well-wishes
INSIDEOUT WRITERS
D'nA eBus Project
bring tools of expression to juvenille hall.
Irmela Mensah-Schramm wages a private war on Nazi and other hate-based graffiti
Is Rio de Janeiro the world's first 'smart' city? J.A. and Geraldine Reynolds Founded 'Bruce's Garden' in NYC which honors Bruce, a victim of 9/11.Jack Sim has started a worldwide campaign for clean public toilets and better sanitation standards.Jacob & Isaac Seigel-Boettner film stories of how bicycles can change lives for the better.
Jacob Komar and
Computers for Communities
refurbishes computers and helps inner city residents obtain IT skills.
Jacqueline Edelberg believes every child deserves a great neighborhood public schoolJanet Miller is a teacher who stepped up to prevent bullying of LGBT students.Jeneece Edroff is a determined fundraiser who raises money to help children with serious illnesses.
Jennifer Epps inspires inner-city students and teachers in Los Angeles to excel Jennifer Staple:
Unite for Sight
works to improve eye health and eliminate preventable blindness worldwide.
Jessie Christopherson helps the physically and mentally challenged accomplish things they never thought possible. Jim Dilley was the founder of the Laguna Beach Greenbelt.
Jimmy Woodard helps community groups with his knowledge of media and technologyJoe Brown gave up
his ocean front
home and created
a park for everyone.
Johann Olav Koss: Right To Play is a Norwegian Olympian who founded Right to PlayJohn Denver was an American songwriter/singer and activist for the environment.
John Ferguson spreads goodwill for America through the power of music John Tighe inspired his neighbor with his big heart and the way he cared for people in their community.John Wood founded Room to Read, which works to increase literacy and educational gender equality in developing countries.Jon Rose founded Waves for Water, which works on the front-line to provide clean water.
Jorge Munoz prepares and delivers meals to the hungry in Queens, New York.Josee Sutton helps girls learn to read and is a caring role model to those in her girl scout troup.Joseph Marcel Shook Jr. is a compassionate community leader and a hero to his son, Joseph.Josh Vander Vies is a determined and amazing athlete.
Josue and Chrismedonne Lajeunesse work together to provide access to clean water for their village of La Source, Haiti.Joze Pleenik was an architect from Slovenia who made his community beautiful.Julie Garner founded Project Yellow Light to help save lives.Julie Leven brings classical music to homeless shelters
Karen Tse is an attorney dedicated to ensuring basic legal rights for Asian citizens.Kathryn Cunningham founded the nonprofit 'Power Up Gambia' to provide solar energy to the hospitals and clinics.Kathy Eldon inspired by her son, works for peace and tolerance.Katie Simon founded Minga to combat the commercial sexual exploitation of young children.
Kendall Ciesemier is an inspiring youth volunteer who founded Kids Caring 4 Kids.Kennedy Odede grew his childhood dream of creating outreach centers for poor children like him.Kimmie Weeks survived the war in Liberia and now works to rebuild communities in war-torn countries.Kjerstin Erickson
and Forge
help refugees in Africa achieve economic self-sufficiency and empowerment through education.
Kyoko Okutani helps women start businesses, skirting Japan's gender gap L'Abbe Pierre devoted his life to helping the poor and homeless in France.Latino Environmental Activists are shaping an urban agenda with smog, foul water among priorities.Len Stanmore mixes adventure with helping others
Leonard Abess is known for his generosity to others and commitment to caring for the environment.Leslie Hawke helps Roma
children get an education
Linda Rottenberg helps people pursue dreams - and create thousands of jobs Lisa Fitzpatrick dropped everything and started a New Orleans youth center
Lisa Markham is a passionate and committed volunteer to the Special Olympics.Lisa Nigro works to help the homeless in Chicago through the Inspiration Cafe.Liz Squibb knows how to help foster children - she was one herself Ludomatica offers technology and
creative learning
to disadvantaged Colombian youth
Luis Soriano Bohorquez started the Biblioburro Library in the mountains of Colombia.Lula Mae Walker has been a foster parent to 300 kids.Lyndon Harris: People Making a Difference founded The Gardens of Forgiveness Project.MacGillivray Family founded the non-profit MacGillivray Freeman Films Educational Foundation
Mada Leach cofounded Laguna Community Art Education (LOCA).Magic Johnson inspires others with his basketball talents and philanthropic work.Major Moogy Sumner is an aboriginal Ngarrindjeri elder who understands the importance of preserving and passing on his culture.Malaria Campaign 2009 Students join together to eradicate malaria.
Malika Sanders was born into the Civil Rights Movement and continues work today.Marcia Levitas co-founded an art endeavor which raises funds for cancer research and education.Marisol Lizelle Salvador lost her brother, but found a life - helping kids in the Philippines Mary Lou Naso & Harry visit hospitals to spread smiles.
Matthew Cohen raised $5000 for the Solar Oven Project for the people of Haiti.Maura Welch was recognized by NetAid for her work to spread awareness about child labor.Maxine Waters is a Congresswoman who works fervently for her community.Mika Vanhanen is the founder and director of Environment Online, a global virtual school for sustainable development.
Millard and Linda Fuller founded Habitat for Humanity.Mister Rogers television host, teacher and kindly neighbor to generations of children.MIT Open Courseware Project makes education accessible worldwide by offering free MIT courseware online.Mobilizing young men in India to
end violence against women
Mohamed Sidibay is a youth reporter who is committed to making a difference in the world.Molly's Film
The Story of a Young Filmmaker
is the winner of the 8th Annual MY HERO Film Festival.
Mory Sanberg makes bag lunches for the homeless people in her city.Mrs. Nirmala
and the Eradication
of Malaria Project
are working in India to educate the public.
Muhammad Yunus started a bank for poor people in Bangladesh. National Day of Service calls on Americans to help others Navyn Salem manufactures success by helping to feed the world's hungry Nawaraj Baskota is working to improve the education of the poorest children in Nepal.
Nick Vujicic went from a life without limbs to a life without limits.Nicole Dewing and
Curtis McCormack
joined the Peace Corps and started a waste recycling project in Joal, Senegal.
Oklahoma City tornado: more ways to help Olga Murray found a second career educating the children of Nepal
On International Women's Day: 12 innovations that are lifting women out of poverty OPEN VISION YOUTH PROJECT strives to provide technology to students in Uganda.Our Hero
Barack Obama
instills inner city youth with confidence to get involved and make a difference.
Pam Smith-Rodden helped turn a dream into a reality for an author and a community.
Park, Won-Soon advocates a stronger Democracy for South Korea.Patrons praise restaurant staff near Boston Marathon blast Paul Cummins has devoted his career to finding ways to provide all children equitable access to a quality education.Paul J. Adams III is a passionate educator who built a nationally renowned prep school for African American students.
Peace It Together empowers youth to promote peace.Pedal = Sight tells how a bicycle can change a life.Pete Carroll is a successful coach who founded A Better LA to help gang members live a better life and plug into their communities.Photo Essay of Boston Marathon aftermath - Christian Science Monitor
Pierre Toussaint was a former slave who was beloved for his charitable works.Playing For Real Reggie McBride & Mark Johnson make Peace through Music with Playing for Change- Police Chief Richard Lamunyon founded the Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run Program.Powering Potential puts technology in schools in Tanzania while respecting local cultures
Puppies Behind Bars benefits both inmates and dogs.Queen Noor passionately works for peace, human rights, and wildlife conservation.Queen Rania of Jordan is a crusader for the rights of women and children. Question Box helps people Google can't reach
R. Sargent Shriver 1915 - 2011
Outstanding Public Servant
Remembered for Directing The Peace Corps
Ralf Hotchkiss is an engineer, inventor and humanitarian, and the founder of Whirlwind Wheelchair International. Ralph Walter Perdue helped found the Fairbanks Native Association, advocating for local natives.Ramani Sankaranarayanan
and Geeta Vaidyanathan
founded CTxGrEn to show villagers how to turn native materials into fuel for electricity.
Ravi Gulati has created learning centers for children with special needs in India.Renee Farwell aids children in Ghana because the 'reason we are here [is] to love each other' Rhonda Alvarez Licona is the founder of Dream Catchers.Richard Avery is a beloved Scoutsmaster who has volunteered at home and overseas.
Richard Proudfit founded Kids Against Hunger to feed starving children around the world.Rick Hansen broke boundaries and records as a disabled athlete.Roberto Saviano wrote a best selling book denouncing organized crime.Robin Emmons is an organic farmer who has created a foundation to fight hunger.
Robin Lim devotes her life to improving the birth experience so that all humans are born with an intact capacity to love.Rose Marie Thomas donated time and effort to combatting childhood catastrophic diseases.Rosemarie L. Poeppelman is a foster mom and an adoptive parent who has changed the lives of many children.Roxanne J. Coady has a love of books that has enhanced the community and brought literature into the lives of thousands of families.
Ruth DeGolia:
Mercado Global
works to help poor communities that have seen the collapse of prices for their locally grown crops.
Sabriye Tenberken helps to educate and better the lives of blind people living in Tibet.Sabriye Tenberken trains people
who want to change the world
Saeed Awan developed a new carpet loom that reduces child labor in Pakistan.
Sally Sampson makes cooking
fun to fight childhood obesity
Sam Bracken's Orange Duffel Bag project helps at-risk former foster kids Sam Hawkins opened a shoe factory
to give ex-cons a second chance
Samaritan's Purse helps feed those in need worldwide
Samuel Mockbee is an architect and teacher who builds homes for the poor.Sandra Kay Yow is a groundbreaking women's basketball coach and founder of Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund.Sanjit 'Bunker' Roy encourages villagers to have the confidence to succeed.Santosh Thorat: After seeing Mumbai's slums bulldozed, he now works to save and restore them
Sasa a young doctor in Burma keeps his promise to his village.Scholarship program to aid immigrants Scott Harrison found meaning in life by starting charity: water Scott Zabelski found T-shirts were a perfect fit for hurricane Sandy relief
Seiji Yoshimura rushes to natural disasters to help Sergei Abramov's goal: an educational blog that doesn't bore his fellow Russian teens Shirley Blair helps bring education to Tibetan children from Nepal.Siavosh Derakhti, a young Muslim, defends Jews and others targeted by hate crimes
Simon Velez is a prize winning architect who uses sustainable materials.Sindhu Ravishankar created the Vivid Vision Project to provide accessible eye care to impoverished communities in India.Sir Elton John is a successful musician who is also a champion of LGBT and AIDS issues.Sister Margaret Scheetz founded Beatitude House for homeless women and children.
Sister Mary Sean Hodges
gives ex-convicts a second chance
Skip Blumberg successfully campaigned against City Hall to re-open a section of historic City Hall Park in NYC.Skye Malik founded the Paco Project to empower those with dyslexia.Soedati Warsito Rasman is a motivated activist for Indonesia's needy.
Solar power: cheap electricity for world's poor Somaly Mam has dedicated her life to finding and mentoring children who have suffered from human trafficking.Special Olympics Tennis:
Love Regardless of the Score
Sports to Share teaches teamwork,
fair play, and tolerance
Sri Lestari travels by motorcycle to bring an empowering message to disabled people Stephen Wade uncovers
'The Beautiful Music All Around Us'
Studs Terkel The author who captured the stories of everyday people celebrates his 95th birthday.Tatiana rossman: Books flow from an American teen
to African schools
Teach Twice shares stories with the world Temple Grandin is a professor, doctor of animal science and an autism activist.Tendol Gyalzur provides a home and family for Tibetan and Chinese orphans.Terram Foundation brings job growth, community involvement, and local solutions to larger environmental concerns.
Thais Corral gives women a voice in their communities through access to communication technology.The Community College Foundation eBus brings technology to underserved communities and schools.The Daffodil Project through the generosity of B&K Bulbs in the Netherlands, brought hope to NYC after 9/11.The Heifer Organization works with communities to end hunger and poverty and to care for the earth.
The Malala Effect:
5 snapshots of girls'
education in the Muslim world
The Train Guy - Eric Clemons reflects on how an anonymous hero helped shape his life.The VH1 Save the Music Foundation is a hero to Libby for its dedication to keep music education in the public schools.They opened their home - and hearts - to South Africa's abandoned babies
Tiffany Shlain is Director and Founder of the Webby Awards.Tiny houses for the homeless:
an affordable solution catches on
To fight hunger, donate 'Just One Can' Tony Boursiquot rushed home to Haiti to become a 'defender of the weakest'
Tori Degen is a cancer survivor who helps others with MAKE A WISH FoundationTri Mumpuni Iskandar builds small hydro plants to bring electricity to Indonesian villages Two worlds, one classroom School that Reaches Out to children and families from the nearby slum in India. Tyler Russell began a community radio station and goes out of his way to find, promote, and interview indie artists that don't get commercial recognition
Typhoon Haiyan: how you can help - and how some US Filipinos already are UCLA students dance ′til dawn, raise millions for pediatric AIDS Unconventional Charity: Water aims to raise $2 billion for clean water US college student Surya Karki builds schools back home in Nepal
Using Hollywood to teach people about disaster giving Valentina Mindoljevic is a science teacher who helped to provide aid to women and child refugees in Croatia.Valerie Weisler takes on bullying
with the Validation Project
Van Jones has found an effective way of addressing environmentalism and social justice by linking both issues.
Versatile engines power up rural African villages Vicky Colbert de Arboleda is a leader in the movement to transform education in Colombia to provide equal access to all children.Vikas Khanna is a chef, restaurant owner, and humanitarian who uses food to bring together a global community.Viola Vaughn founded an organization that supports girls working to achieve academic success in Africa.
Visaka Dharmadasa works to ease the horrors of war in Sri Lanka.Volunteers give a 'potential paradise'
in Puerto Rico a 'mega cleanup'
Vy Higginsen brings gospel music to at risk teens.When Tom McNichol saw swirling
trash he launched his Clean Up Boat
William Henry Gates III co-founder of Microsoft, is devoted to humanitarian causes around the world.William Kamkwamba designed and built a windmill, at the age of 14, for his family in Malawi, Africa.World Water Day 2012: Two innovations for purifying water Wyland is an internationally recognized artist and marine life conservationist.
Yo-Yo Ma strives to bring together different cultures through music.Young@Heart is a chorus of senior citizens that sings classic rock and pop songs.Zack's Place provides enrichment programs to special needs pre and post graduates.Zainab Rezai leads her community towards progress.

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange