Aaron Chang inspires others through his photos of the beauty and majesty of the ocean.Aaron Copland is one of the most respected American classical composers of the twentieth century.Adam Sandler brings comic-relief to people of all agesAdams Sie is an up and coming film director from Senegal.
Akiane Kramarik is an incredible young artist who is self taught.Aleksey Nikolayevich Beketov left a legacy of beautiful buildings in Ukraine.Alexander Borodin was an accomplished chemist, composer and staunch advocate of women's rights.Alvin Ailey was a choreographer and founder of the American Dance Theater.
Andrei Tarkovsky was a filmmaker who 'invented a new language, true to the nature of film'.Angela Brooks is an architect who works to create sustainable and affordable housing.Anna Pavlova was a Russian ballerina and is known as one of the finest classical dancers in historyAnsel Adams was an 'artist-activist' whose photographs of nature inspired conservation.
Antoni Gaudi is one of the most recognized architects of his time.Antonin Dvorak was a Czech composer who influenced other artists.Artemisia Gentileschi was a female post-Renaissance artist who tackled challenging themes.Audrey Hepburn was an actress, dancer and notable Ambassador for UNICEF
AWARD-WINNING MOVIES SHOT ON A CELLPHONE! BAFTA LA brings Shakespeare to life for South LA students.Baje Whitethorne is a celebrated Navajo painter and author.Barbara Stuart Rabinowitsch was a member of the Laguna Beach Greenbelt and of Ballet Pacifica.
Beniamino Bufano created distinctive sculptures addressing the theme of peace.Bill Cosby injects his comedy with wisdom.Biloxi's "Mad Potter" Moves into
Gehry-designed Art Museum
Bob Dylan is a pioneer musician and singer songwriter who continues to influence music today.
Bob Hope had the rare ability to bring laughter everywhere he went.Bono (Paul Hewson) is a musician, advocate for AIDS victims and a humanitarian.Bud Greenspan is a filmmaker extraordinaire dubbed the 'Poet Laureate of the Olympics.'Cameron Sinclair is the founder of Architecture for Humanity, which brings services to communities in need.
Carol Burnett an award-winning actress and comedienneCharles M. Schulz made people laugh every day.Charlie Chaplin taught us to laugh in the face of adversity.Christopher Reeve never gave up hope for himself or for others with paralysis.
Claude Oscar Monet is a famous impressionist painter.Damon K. Wayans brought Matt relief from depression through his comedic talent.Daniel Libeskind is an architect whose work inspires peace.Danny Thomas is the founder of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Dexter Gordon was a musician nominated for an Oscar.Diane Challis Davy directs the Laguna Beach Pageant of the Masters.Diego Rivera was a famed Mexican muralist and revolutionary.Dolores Huerta is a civil rights activist who worked with Cesar Chavez to found the United Farm Workers,
Dorothea Lange captured powerful moments in history with a keen eye for the human condition.Doug Miller Is an iconic artist and musician in Laguna Beach, Calfifornia.Dr. Michael Irving created a memorial monument as a voice for victims of child abuse.Dr. Seuss Dr. Seuss was an artist who also wrote charming, absurd rhymes.
Edmonia Lewis defied restrictions on black women and achieved respect in the art community.Fauzia Minallah is the founder of Funkor Childart Centre and an ARTIVIST.Fernando Botero is a Colombian painter famous for his robust figures.Frances Anne Hopkins is a famous Canadian artist known for her canoe paintings.
Frank Lloyd Wright was an innovative architect.Frank Owen Gehry has developed his
own unique style of design.
Frank Zappa was a musician and composer with a flair for the absurd.Fred Batley gives young and aspiring actors and actresses a chance to shine.
Frida Kahlo became a famous Mexican artist despite polio and injuries.Friedl Dicker-Brandeis was an artist and teacher who gave children hope during the Holocaust.Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel revolutionized women's fashion and empowered women Gary Birch is a compassionate educator and role model to his students.
Gibran Kahlil Gibran was a Lebanese poet, artist and philosopher who is third after Shakespeare and Lao-Tsu.Gustave Eiffel was the French architect who gave the United States the Eiffel Tower.Hany El-Miniawy is an Egyptian architect who uses architecture to help alleviate poverty.Harrison Ford is an actor, humanitarian and ardent conservationist.
Harry Houdini was a master of escape.Hayao Miyazaki is a talented film and animation creator.Helen Hayes is considered the 'First Lady of American Theater.'Holly Carter gives kids and others the tools to tell their stories.
Ian McKellen is an accomplished English actor and human rights activist.Ivana Kobilca was an important Slovene realist painter.J.N. (Ding) Darling was a conservationist and cartoonist who used his art to raise awareness about the environment.Jackie Chan is a beloved comedic martial artist and philanthropist.
Jacob Lawrence broke racial barriers as a renowned painter.Jim Carrey is an actor, impersonator and eccentric comedian.Jim Henson was the world's most famous puppeteer and Father of the Muppets.Jodie Gates is a groundbreaker in the international world of dance.
Johan (Jean) Julius Christian Sibelius was an innovative modern composer.John Tu founder of Kingston Technology is also a musician and a supporter of the Freedom Writers. Josefina Lopez is a Latina screenwriter
who believes in the
power of women.
Josephine Baker was a popular African American dancer in France, fought for civil rights and freedom against the Nazis.
Katie Lee is a passionate advocate for wilderness.Kaziah Hancock paints portraits of fallen soldiers as a memorial keepsake for their families.Ken Theeradej Wongpuapan is a popular Thai actor and UNICEF Youth Ambassador.Kenji Williams creates music and films that celebrate the earth.
Laurel Burch is an artist who has inspired other artists and women in need across the globeLeonardo da Vinci was an artist, scientist and inventor.Lita Albuquerque is an environmental artist who works on a large scale.Lou Ferrigno is a successful actor and bodybuilder who overcame a hearing disability.
Louis Sullivan is credited with inventing the skyscraper.M.C. Escher created art that plays with perspective and dimension.MacGillivray Family founded the non-profit MacGillivray Freeman Films Educational FoundationMada Leach cofounded Laguna Community Art Education (LOCA).
Mamadou Tall Diedhiou combines recycled materials to create inspiring works of art.Margaret Hughes was one of the first professional stage actesses in England.Margot Fonteyn was a world-renowned dancer.Maria Tallchief is a Native American ballerina who is known worldwide for her outstanding performances.
Marian Anderson was a world-renowned opera singer.Mary Cassatt filled the world with her beautiful paintings of children, mothers, love and kindness.Mary Jane Colter designed the rustic buildings at the Grand Canyon National Park.Maya Lin is an architect and sculptor.
Message in a box: Franck de Las
Mercedes's peace packages
creates peace boxes to send all over the world
Michael J. Fox works to find a cure for Parkinsons Disease.Miranda Andersen is a young filmmaker and environmentalist who uses her talents to create awareness.Nam June Paik #1 Video Artist is regarded as the 'father of video art.'
Nicolae Grigorescu was one of the founders of modern Romanian painting.Nirvan Mullick is a filmmaker who spotted 'the perfect moment' when he filmed Caine's Arcade.Oswaldo Guayasamin was an Ecuadorian artist whose work reflected his commitment to democracy.Paloma Herrera is an accomplished ballerina.
Pam Smith-Rodden helped turn a dream into a reality for an author and a community.Patrick Nagatani uses photography and colored lights to promote good health.Paul Robeson was a singer, actor, football player scholar and civil rights activist.Pedro Almodovar is considered one of
the most influential
Spanish filmmakers.
Peter Jackson is a filmmaker who directed the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.Picasso's "Guernica" in for medical checkup Piet Kroon is a talented Dutch filmmaker and devoted dad.Preserving Mexico's folk art masks
R. Buckminster Fuller designed the geodesic dome.Raphael Sanzio da Urbino was an Italian painter of the High Renaissance.Rembrandt van Rijn captures the suffering, reflection and compassion of humanity in his art.Robert Redford established the Sundance Film Festival to effect change in the world.
Robert Shetterly paints portraits of Americans who have acted with courage to do the right thing.Robert Wise was a filmmaker, teacher and mentor.Roberto Arevalo of The Mirror Project
teaches kids TV production.
Robin Altman is an active participant in the arts community in the Laguna Beach area.
Ron Kovic makes art an affirmation of life.Ron Kovic has worked for peace for over four decades.Rudolph Nureyev was a legendary Russian ballet dancer.Scott Joplin composed operatic and ragtime music and influenced early jazz.
September McGee is an artist and a teacher.Simon Velez is a prize winning architect who uses sustainable materials.Stephen Joseph uses art to protect the land.Stephen Sondheim composed popular Broadway musicals.
Steven Spielberg is an award winning filmmaker who pushed the limits of his art.Stevie Wonder a musician who has overcome great obstaclesTadao Ando is a world-famous Japanese architect.Taron Lexton applies his filmmaking talents to advocate for human rights.
Tom Shadyac is a gifted and accomplished writer and filmmaker who gave up everything to understand the human spirit.Tomihiro Hoshino creates captivating art and poetry despite paralysis.Veronica Tennant, the Prima Ballerina is an accomplished Canadian dance film producer and director.Vincent Van Gogh remains one of the world's most renowned artists.
Vojko Gasperut creates beautiful paintings despite his paralysis.Walt Disney was both a visionary artist and an entrepreneur.Wang Yani has been painting since
she was three
years old.
Will Smith is a musician and actor whose roles are often heroic and funny.
Wilson Bentley was the first person to photograph a single snowflake.Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart prolific and influential classical music composerWyland is an internationally recognized artist and marine life conservationist.Young@Heart is a chorus of senior citizens that sings classic rock and pop songs.

Youssef Chahine is a highly respected and accomplished Egyptian film director.Yuri Mason shared her love of life and peace through the power of her paintings.Zaha Hadid is the first woman to be awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize. 

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange