Abdul Sattar Edhi founded Edhi International Foundation to help millions of Pakistanis.Adi Roche founded an organization that helps orphans of nuclear disaster.Alicia O'Brien was the inspiration for Cherie Bennett's novel, Zink.Andeisha Farid is the founder of Afghan Child Education and Caring Organization (AFCECO)
Ann Armstrong-Dailey and
Children's Hospice International
meet the special needs of children with life-threatening conditions.
Audrey Hepburn was an actress, dancer and notable Ambassador for UNICEFAustin Gutwein founded Hoops of Hope.Clara Barton was known as the 'Angel of the Battlefield.'
Connie O'Connell was a hero and inspiration to her family.Daphna Ziman founded Children Uniting Nations.Dr. Andrew Wade saved a child's life and she thanks him here.Elizabeth Glaser created the Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
Florence Kelley was an outspoken leader against child labor.Helping New Orleans make a comeback is her personal passion Humanitarian Hero Abdul Sattar Edhi
is Pakistan's Mother Teresa
Jeni Stepanek is an ambassador for Muscular Dystrophy who continues to spread her son Mattie's message of peace.
Kelly Perkins climbs mountains to raise support for organ donation.Leo A Strutner believed that if you love the people around you, the love will return to you as happiness. Lisa Ford was a courageous cancer victim who inspired her friend, Claire.Louis Zamperini is a WW2 prisoner of war survivor who forgave his tormentor and inspires others to forgive.
Maria del Carmen
Rojas Sanchez
is a beloved mother and teacher.
Mary N. Sanchez is a nurse manager and renowned advocate for veterans care and service. Mattie Stepanek is a hero to people of all ages around the world.Mother Teresa gained international prominence as a modern-day saint.
Nkosi Johnson was an orphan infected by HIV who spoke out on behalf of children with AIDS. Oseola McCarty donated her life savings so others could go to college.Papa Lloyd did not let his blindness keep him from serving his community.Princess Diana campaigned passionately for various causes.
Ryuichi Hirokawa photographer who illuminates the needs of children in crisis.Sadako Sasaki inspired an international peace movement.SAUR MARLINA MANURUNG provides educational opportunities in a remote Indonesian village.Somaly Mam has dedicated her life to finding and mentoring children who have suffered from human trafficking.
Susan G. Komen was the inspiration for her sister to reach out to other women with cancer.Suzan Mathebule and Joanna Jordan - two mothers, two lives, two continents.Terry Fox lifted
a nation through
his courage and
tenacity.
The Heroes Among Us were everywhere on September 11 and after.

William J. Meyers taught the importance of taking time to enjoy LIFE, with music, art, laughter and friends. Zack's Place provides enrichment programs to special needs pre and post graduates.  

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange