My Mum, Never Give Up

by Tian from Trnovo, Slovenia

You know that feeling when you don’t know what to do, when you don’t know whether to give up or not. Well my mum never has that feeling. She is very kind although she is having a very tough life. Let’s start my story about my heroine, my mum.

At first I was thinking who my hero really is. I was thinking and thinking whether my hero is an animal or a person that saves poor kids and gives them food. I thought that maybe my hero is someone with super powers… The answer came down to someone special from my family. It’s my honest, kind and very brave mum.

As a little girl my mum was very successful at school. She was good student with good grades. She grew up in a nice family and when she was twenty, life became very tough. She was in love for the first time - with my dad of course. She became pregnant. After nine months I came to life and we were like a normal family, like others. When I was 6 years my mum and dad divorced. My dad wasn’t showing care for me and that is one of the reasons why they separated. For three years my mum was caring for me alone. We had a small home. She was working very hard so that I had a normal life. But for sure she wasn’t having a normal life. She didn’t give up and she was trying to change her life and start another one, a better one.

She found a partner and now she is braver than before. She wanted to become successful and she did. She created a company and made a beautiful house. I’m very happy that my mum and I have now a beautiful life, our dreams came true. She did it all. That is why my mum is my HERO and my inspiration.

Tian, from Slovenia - Primary school Trnovo