Pamela Joyce Burns

by Bridjet from Fort Worth

A wonderful woman, a great mom, a loving and caring wife. A honest and loyal woman. Does a lady like this exist? I think so. Actually I know one. Even better she is my mother.

Pamela Joice Burns is who I chose as my role model. She is my mother. Pam is the 5th of the 6 children. Pam's mom's name is Wanda Welch and her step-father's name is Roye Welch. She grew up in Monday, Texas. She was very popular. Pam was everything that a little girl wants to be in high school. She got a scholarship for acting to Cisco College. There she met my real dad Ted Gillis. After her first year in college she had me.

One of the reasons why she is my role model is because after she had me she had to quit college to support me. So Pam got a job to help support me and to buy the brace that I had to have put on one leg. Her and my real dad got a divorce. So we moved in with my grandma. Pam never gave up. She met a wonderful husband and they had a son. Then we all moved to a good place. Saginaw, Texas. My mom has a great step-daughter,daughter and son. Pam has a great sense of humor. She doesn't let a lot of stuff get to her.

My mother could have been a star, an actress, in the big time. But instead she had me. Sometimes I think that I was a mistake, that I ruined her chances to be someone famous. But she tells me that that is not true. I often ask her is she is upset because she is not famous. She answers as "Bridjet, I have the best life I could have. I have a husband who loves and cares for me. A daughter who I adore. And who I want to grow up and fulfill her dreams. The best son a mother could have. And a great step-daughter. A wonderful job." She also says " yes I lot the chance to be famous, but look how much i have gained."

Now I know that she is not perfect. And I know how much moms can embarrass you. And my mom does. But have you ever thought who your mom is really is? You know your mom will die some day and we don't want that to happen. So spend some time with your mom, get to know them if you do that you will find out that they are pretty cool. That they still have a wild, fun crazy teen age side. Also remember that you too will become a mother or father some day. So give them a chance. They can be pretty cool.