Press_Release

OWOO Wins Best of Fest At My Hero Film Festival

by One World One Ocean Staff Writers

Winning an award for a film is always an exciting occurrence for Greg and Shaun MacGillivray, but for these two filmmakers to secure their first accolade as part of the One World One Ocean (OWOO) campaign is a particularly thrilling experience.

Indeed, we're excited to announce that OWOO is the winner of the "Best of Fest" award at the 2011 MY HERO International Film Festival. Our winning digital short showcases the beauty of the world's oceans through stunning images and video while also drawing attention to the plight of Planet Blue and the need to save it. This two-pronged message of celebrating the ocean while taking care of it is at the core of the One World One Ocean campaign.

Watch the film by clicking here.

Wendy Milette, Film Festival Director said: "One World One Ocean is not only an outstanding film, but also a critical campaign to protect the world's oceans. The MY HERO Project is proud to present this honor to Greg and Shaun MacGillivray for their outstanding work."

The OWOO team was on hand in Los Angeles earlier this month at the MY HERO award ceremony held at the University of Southern California's  School of Cinematic Arts, a festival sponsor, to accept the Best of Fest award.

This is the MY HERO International Film Festival's 7th year of celebrating the best of humanity through film.  The festival is produced by of The MY HERO Project, an award winning non-profit organization with a mission to celebrate the best of humanity.  Check out the MY HERO website www.myhero.com  to view more inspiring content and to learn more about this awesome organization.

From the OWOO team, we thank you for this award, and here's to continued success!

One World One Ocean - Inspiring People to Protect the Ocean - Read the article directly from the One World One Ocean website
One World One Ocean - Watch the "Best of Fest" winning film

Decemeber 15th, 2011
One World One Ocean