Anna Cruz Delgado

by Joseph from Saginaw

Everyone has a special person in their life. For some, it's a teacher. Others might choose a rock star, but my hero, my special person is my mom.

She is a hero in so many ways. My mom is a strong person. I say she is strong because her father was abusive and an alcholic. She also raised two kids on her own. This amazing woman is now putting my sister through college and is also working a second job to support us.

My mom taught my sister and I that education is everything. She did this by going back to college for five years. She needed a degree to get a better job so she could better meet our needs.

My mother is also special because she loves and cares a lot about me. She is also kind to others even if they offend her.

My mother empowers me to do the best I can and achieve my goals. My mom is truly special to me and I wouldn't trade her for the world. So what I'm trying to say is that I really love my mom.