FAMOUS FATHERS

"My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing." --Aldous Huxley (1894-1963).

Throughout history, fathers have been loved, respected, and looked up to. A father can be a spiritual leader or someone to look to for guidance and protection. A father can be a parent, friend, leader of a nation, an accomplished scientist, teacher, writer, or sports hero. Here are some famous fathers:

Albert

John

Jose

Olara

Cesar

Jimmy

Yitzhak

Michael

Martin

George

James

George

Charles

Alan

Nikola

Michael Jordan is a champion and a hero because he plays basketball with all his heart for his team, his family and his father.

Jose Marti is the father of freedom in Cuba.

Muhammed Ali is one of the greatest boxers in history and a loving father.

Alan Turing is the father of modern computing.

J.R.R. Tolkien was a wonderful father who wrote many letters to his sons.

Albert Einstein was the father of modern science.

George Washington was the childless father of our country.

Nelson Mandela is the father of freedom in South Africa.

Charles Darwin was the father of modern biology.

A.A. Milne based the character Christopher Robin in his Winnie-the-Pooh stories on his own son.

Jim Henson's muppets and television show, Sesame Street, thrilled millions of children, including his own, who now carry on his tradition.

Martin Luther King, Jr. believed that love, not violence, was the most powerful weapon.

Dad

My Dad is my hero: essays sent to us by our visitors who wanted to share their special heroes.

Fathers come from all walks of life.

Grandpa Stern

Father Heroes from all over the world.

Grandfathers are heroes too.

Mentors can have a powerful influence on people of any age.

A father figure can be a friend or teacher or even the neighborhood grocer.