Anthony Dale Leanna

by Dee Leanna of Suamico

My hero is 12-year-old Anthony Leanna.

Anthony started a program when he was just 9 years old called Heavenly Hats. Anthony's program provides brand new hats to cancer patients who lose their hair due to cancer treatments. Since he has started this program, Anthony has donated more than 15,000 brand new hats to over 70 hospitals and clinics around the United States.

Anthony lives in Suamico, Wisconsin, about 10 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

He lives today and goes to Bay View Middle School.

Anthony is very important to me because he has a huge heart. He thinks about everyone else before himself. Anthony has made a difference in his school, community and country, and he makes us very proud to call him our son.

Heavenly Hats - "sharing hope through hats" to encourage cancer survivors.
Amazing Kids! - honored Anthony for his work.
The Points of Light Foundation - also awarded Anthony for his generosity.

I started Heavenly Hats to provide brand new hats to cancer patients who lose their hair due to cancer treatments. I started this program after seeing many patients in the hospitals without hair when my grandma had breast cancer.