Shri Yogeshwarji

by Daxesh

Shri Yogeshwarji
Shri Yogeshwarji

Mahatma Shri Yogeshwarji was a self-realized saint, an accomplished yogi, an excellent orator and an above par spiritual poet and writer. In a fascinating life spanning more than six decades, Shri Yogeshwarji trod the unknown intricate path of spiritual attainments single handedly and put immense faith in the tenderheartedness of God in the form of Mother Goddess. He wrote more than 100 books on various subjects and explored all form of literature. His autobiography 'Prakash Na Panthe' - much sought after by spiritual aspirants worldwide, is translated in Hindi as well as English. A large collection of his lectures in form of audio cassettes are also available.

Shri Yogeshwarji left his physical body on March 18th 1984 at Mumbai, while delivering a lecture at Laxminarayan Temple, Kandiwali in Mumbai. Before leaving, Shri Yogeshwarji left behind him a spiritual legacy in the form of Maa Sarveshwari, who is now looking after his manifold benevolent activities.

Shri Yogeshwarji dared to dream of attaining heights of spirituality without guidance of any embodied spiritual master and thus defied popular myths prevalent among the seekers of spiritual path. He blazed an illuminating path for others to follow.

Born to a poor Brahmin farmer in a small village near Ahmedabad in Gujarat, Shri Yogeshwarji lost his father at the tender age of 9. He was taken to a Hindu orphanage in Mumbai for further studies. However, God's wish was to make him pursue a different path. He left for Himalayas early in his youth at the age of 20 and thereafter made holy Himalayas his abode for penance for nearly two decades. During his stay there, he came across a number of known and unknown saints and sages. He was blessed by divine visions of many deities and highly illumined souls like Raman Maharshi, Sai Baba of Shirdi among others.

Yogeshwarji's experiences in spirituality were vivid, unusual and amazing. He succeeded in scaling the highest peak of self-realization resulting in direct communication with the Almighty. He was also blessed with extraordinary spiritual powers (siddhis) illustrated in ancient Yogic scriptures. After achieving full grace of Mother Goddess, he started to share the nectar for the benefit of mankind. He traveled to various parts of India as well as abroad on spiritual mission where he received enthusiastic welcome.

For more than thirty years, Yogeshwarji kept his mother (Mataji Jyotirmayi) with him and thus became a living example of well known Sanskrit adage 'Matru Devo Bhava' (Mother is a form of God). Yogeshwarji was known among saints of his time as Matrubhakta Mahatma. Mataji Jyotirmayi left for heavenly abode in 1980 after receiving exemplary services at the hands of Yogeshwarji and Maa Sarveshwari at Bhavnagar.

Shri Yogeshwarji - www.swargarohan.org

When I was 12 years old, I saw Yogeshwarji. I was inqusitive about his life so i tried to get as much details as possible. For the next four years, I read almost all his books (his published books exceeded 80 at that time!) heard many of his lectures and attended several Q & A sessions. Before I could completely know him, on one fateful day I got news that he left his physical body!!! From that day onwards, he began to fascinate me. Whenever I read his autobiography, I feel amazed by him. I judged him on various counts with various persons in my life till date and he turned out to be perfect on all counts. So now, when i have to find meaning of word HERO, I have only one figure in front of my mind's eye - Yogeshwarji.