I, You, We All

by Lucija from Trnovo, Slovenia

I don’t have one hero, but I think that everyone can be a hero. If you give something from your heart you are a real hero, because if you give to others, you are a good person. A lot of times it isn’t so for many people. And sometime it is hard to become a hero, if you already hurt or have hurt somebody. Sometimes even little things like a smile helps one to save the day.

For me a hero is somebody, who never gives up, stays strong, and even if a fight is lost, a hero stands up and doesn’t give up. There are many different heroes in the world. There are already seen heroes, the one you see on TV every day and they fight for life all the time. There are also the invisible heroes, who you see every day on the street. All kinds of heroes. You can be a hero even if you don’t save a life; you can just be friendly and help people who have been hurt.

Life is not a fairytale, one cannot only win, sometimes a real hero loses, but doesn’t give up and, that is what makes anybody a hero.

I know some people, who never give up, like my grandma. She had a very hard time when she was a child, because she had to run from the soldiers, because it was the Second World War. I still remember when she told me, that she had to lay under the bed with her sister, so the soldiers couldn’t find her. But she was strong and when the war was over, she didn’t say that everything is over and that she can just stay down forever. She got an education and became a doctor for children. I also think that it is amazing that the soldiers who fight in war don’t give up, and they know that they can be killed any minute.

I hope I am a good person, that YOU will give something from your heart, and that WE ALL can be heroes.

Lucija Ostan Vejrup, 6.b class Primary school Trnovo, Slovenia