Viorel Cantemir

by Nicoleta from Drochia

A hero is that who has given his life to something more important than himself ...
A real hero
A real hero

Hero, a word with a very deep meannig, that makes us think about our principles and who is a real hero for us. In our days children think that the heroes are Spiderman, Superman and other personages from comics. For them the hero is a person with supernatural power. If you ask me, I don't think so .From my point of view, the hero is not a physically strong person. For me a hero is that person that thinks firstly about other people. That person should not be powerful or with supernatural powers. The qualities of the real hero are to be brave and contented he is human that saves lives.

Viorel Cantemir
Viorel Cantemir

For me this person is Viorel Cantemir. He was born on 1st April 1980 in village Sofia in the family of Ion and Ecaterina Cantemir. He finished the studies in Sofia in 1997. During the study in school he demonstrated that he is active, friendly a good listener, and a very good pupil.He did his military service in the period of 1998 -2000. When he returned he had the grade of sergeant, and was employed at the state guard of Republic of Moldova, in city of Balti.

Order ,,Stefan cel Mare '
Order ,,Stefan cel Mare '

In the night of 25th November 2001, when he went to retention, he was shot to dead by villains .They were retained after, but were not punished how it should be. Viorel Cantemir was decorated post-mortem with order of Republic, Stefan cel Mare ''. Decree No.389-111 About conferring the Order of Republic ,,Stefan cel Mare '' Cantemir Viorel Ion , based on the 'Article 88 of the Constitution and the law on state awards, the President decides for manhood, bravery and sacrifice manifested in fulfillment debt service to decorate sergeant Cantemir Viorel with ther order ,,Stefan cel Mare '' post-mortem.

Liceul ,,Viorel Cantemir '
Liceul ,,Viorel Cantemir '

I don't call a hero the person who triumphed by thinking or force. I call the person hero only the one who had big and kind heart. It is true this person was a simple sergeant in our country but he demonstrated that for him the human life was very important and that for saving someone he was ready to give his life.

Liceul ,,Viorel Cantemir '
Liceul ,,Viorel Cantemir '

The sacrifice of Viorel Cantemir was appreciated and in his honor the school was named the lyceum ,,Viorel Cantemir ''. This demonstrates that his gesture is not forgotten but is transmitted from generation to generation and gives the example that a real hero is that who has given his life to something more important than himself.