Tim Burton

by Fikret from Baku

Tim Burton (www.fanpop.com ())
Tim Burton (www.fanpop.com ())

There is a popular expression: " If you want to win, do what others don't want to do".  This expression reminds me of one of the best filmmakers - Tim Burton. All of his movies are not just horror films or science fiction films. No, his movies aren't  just good, they are works of art. People who are making films always take risks, because there is a big problem: Will people understand what they show? But when we talk about Tim Burton's movies, risks that he takes always pay off. "Alice in Wonderland" (2010) is one of the newest of Burton's works.  It can come across as a movie for little children, but it doesn't mean that it has no sense. The most important thing for the viewer is to find it.

Younger Tim Burton (www.timburtoncollective.com ())

Timothy William Burton was born August, 25 1958 in Burbank, California. He was not so good at most of the school subjects. Painting and drawing were the only things he liked in school. He liked movies since his early school years. In 1976 Burton entered The California Institute of Arts. It was an institute for new talented animators for Disney. But Tim Burton hasn't always enjoyed being an animator, because it wasn't so easy and funny as most of us think. To make animated film was very, very difficult.

Tim Burton with his wife and children (www.zimbio.com ())

Now Tim Burton is a very famous filmmaker. His life wasn't always easy or good, but he has never given up and that is why he has success now. He has a wife - actress Helena Bonham Carter - and two children; Billy Ray (8 years old) and Nell (4 years old). Helena Bonham Carter is an English actress who has been cast in a number of Tim Burton's films, including Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland and Dark Shadows. 

Nightmare Before Christmas (en.wikipedia.org ())

Tim Burton's filmography is very big and interesting, so I will only write about films which are famous or which I like very much. His most famous films are: Edward Scissorhands; Batman; The Nightmare before Christmas; Sleepy Hollow; Big Fish; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; Alice in Wonderland etc. All those films are films that I recommend everyone to watch.

There are so many reasons why Tim Burton is my hero and why I like his films. First, I like all people who are unique. Unique for me means new, unexpected, unbelievable. All three words really fit Burton's films. His films are all interesting. There is no film of Tim Burton's that I don't  like. It is hard to be a director. It's also hard to be a producer or a writer. But in some films he has been director, writer and producer (Edward Scissorhands, for example). Uniqueness of Burton's films and his hard work to be a filmmaker are two main reasons why I respect Tim Burton's works.

I wish I were a reporter and had a chance to have an interview with my favorite filmmaker and my hero, Tim Burton.   

The Tim Burton Collective - dedicated to the filmmaker, Tim Burton.
Wikipedia - For more about Tim Burton.

My name is Fikret and I am 12 years old. I like studying different languages and watching films. I have many favourite films and almost all of them are Tim Burton's. My dream is to travel and visit counries in Europe. Maybe someday I will be a filmmaker, too. Tim Burton is an inspiration for me.