Selena Marie Gomez

by Terrah from Tipp City

Selena Marie Gomez was born July 22,1992 to Rieardo Gomez and former stage actress Mandy Teefey, Her father is Mexican American and her mother is of half Italian descent. Her birth parents got divorced when she was five. She was raised as an only child. In 2006, Mandy remarried Brian Teefey. In an interview with People magazine in 2009, Selena mentioned that she developed an early interest in acting from watching her mother perform. She earned her high school diploma through homeschool in May 2010.

Selena began her acting career at age seven playing Gianna on Barney & Friends. She was also in Spy kids 3-d: Game Over. In 2004, Selena was discovered by the Disney Channel in a nationwide scouting. Selena guest starred on The Suite Life on Deck, a minor role on Hannah Montana, in early 2007,Selena was casted in the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place as one of the three main characters, Alex Russo, In 2008, Selena appeared in Another Cinderella Story, 2009, in Ramona and Beezus, and coming in July 2011, Monte Carlo, a romantic comedy.

Selena & The Scene is her band. They have had 2 albums, Kiss & Tell and Year Without Rain.

Selena also has a clothes line called Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez at Sears which I like a lot. Selena Marie Gomez is my hero because she followed her dreams. Her advice is to always follow your dreams, and I will! I want to be a singer/song writer, actress, and designer too.