Sherlock Holmes

by Ayaz from Baku

This book is always on my table. (my photo)

Sherlock Holmes is Conan Doyle's fictitious character which is based on a real man, Dr.Joseph Bell, a forensic scientist at Edinburgh University.  He was Conan Doyle's teacher.  Conan-Doyle wrote  60 adventures in total.

Holmes is famous for his logical reasoning and use of forensic science skills to solve difficult cases.  All the detective-inspectors in the world have learned from him how to work.  Holmes first developed his methods of deduction.Though he retired, he continued to help the people.

My teacher and a statue of Sherlock Homes.

Holmes is portrayed as a patriot acting on behalf of the government.  Holmes is a loner and does not strive to make friends.  I like his habitual use of a pipe.  It makes him look wise when he is thinking.  His deduction is the result of careful observation.  Holmes is able to make astonishingly detailed deductions about people through his observations.

I like to observe and analyze people's behaviour.  I enjoy the process  of observation.   Holmes is also a competent criminologist.  His methods include the use of latent prints such as footprints, hoof prints and bicycle tracks to identify actions at a crime scene.

My teacher was in London in March and I asked her to take a photo of Holmes.  I'd like to visit London and Baker street.  His methods can be used in Math too.  It helps to make up and then arrive at a conclusion.  I'd like to learn it.  It's useful in any life situation and everybody needs it.  I know other people with such  character (Colombo and Miss Marple) but Sherlock is the greatest. 

Wikipedia - the greatest inspector

My hobby is reading detective stories. I like to analyze and observe some situations.