Pedro

by Blanca from Ontario

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. -Psalm 28:7

For three stressing and fearful years I watched my dad come home everyday and worry what we would eat. It was during the time when my mom wasn't working because she was very ill. My faithful and courageous dad always stayed on his feet and knew things would soon get better for us; this is why he is my hero.

Sometimes my dad opened the refrigerator and there was hardly any food. He would make us some tasty food with whatever was inside the refrigerator. When my dad called us to the table to eat our dinner we would make our prayer giving Jehovah thanks for the food he had provided us with, and to help my mom get better. Since my mom wasn't working, my dad had to save money and not spend it on things we didn't need. My dad would have to buy groceries and pay bills with his pay check.

We hardly didn't go out to eat or go somewhere fun together. We still ate together as a family because my dad always made us dinner with whatever we had, and we had somewhere to live. One thing we never stopped doing was praying to Jehovah and asking him for help so things would get better.

Once my mom was all better she decided to start working so she applied to work in Kaiser as nurse. My mom kept telling us to pray so she can get accepted. Then a few days later they had called my mom and told her that she got the job in Kaiser. My family was so proud for my mom and knew that Jehovah was listening to our prayers the whole time. My dad was our family's hero because he never stopped encouraging us that things would get better for us. He was always staying strong and thinking positive. Now my dad and mom are working and they can pay bills together. If they have some money left over, we can go out and eat as a family. My dad has inspired me to always have faith, stay strong, and always believe in Jehovah.