Peyton Manning

by Cole from Austin

Peyton Manning is my hero. Every tackle football season I play I have his number on my jersey, #18. Peyton Manning plays for the Indianapolis Colts; he is the quarterback. He is my hero because I love to play football and my dad was born in Indiana. Peyton Manning went to the University of Tennessee and played football there. He had a #16 on his jersey in college.

Peyton Manning was born on March 24, 1976 and he has a little brother who plays in the NFL too! His name is Eli Manning and he plays for the New York Giants. Peyton Manning is married to Ashley Thompson. The Colts, with Peyton as the quarterback, won the super bowl in 2007 and he was the MVP of the game.

Sadly, in 2010, Peyton and the Colts lost in the Superbowl to the New Orleans Saints, but he's coming back from that. The Colts are getting better every day, and people are starting to have faith in them again.

Wikipedia - For more about Peyton Manning.