Press_Release

One World One Ocean Wins Best Of Fest At My Hero Int. Film Festival

Audience applauds all filmmakers and staff at the MY HERO International Film Festival, after the Best of Fest award was announced

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Wendy Milette
[email protected]
949.376.5964

ONE WORLD ONE OCEAN WINS BEST OF FEST AT MY HERO INT. FILM FESTIVAL

Los Angeles, CA - 11/7/11 - One World One Ocean, a film by MacGillivray-Freeman Films, is the winner of the "Best of Fest" award at the 2011 MY HERO International Film Festival. In this beautifully crafted IMAX 3-D adventure, filmmakers travel to more than 40 locations, capturing images that illuminate the beauty of earth's oceans while pointing out the terrible damage of man-made pollution.

Representatives of <i>One World One Ocean</i> talk to the audience about their mission to keep the seas clean
Representatives of One World One Ocean talk to the audience about their mission to keep the seas clean

One World One Ocean is the beginning of a global media and education campaign to restore and protect the world's oceans. The oceans provide up to 70% of the oxygen we breath and supply the largest source of protein on the planet. Yet rampant, non-sustainable fishing practices are putting our oceans at risk. MacGillivray-Freeman hopes to see 10% of the world's oceans set aside as national and international sanctuaries for marine life. The organization will also sponsor conservation projects that promote sustainable methods of harvesting sea life. For more information visit their web site www.oneworldoneocean.org

One World One Ocean is not only an outstanding film, but also a critical campaign to protect the world's oceans. The MY HERO Project is proud to present this honor to Greg and Shaun MacGillivray for their outstanding work.
-Wendy Milette, Film Festival Director

This is the MY HERO Film Festival's 7th year of celebrating the best of humanity through film. The festival is produced by of The MY HERO Project, an award winning non-profit organization with a mission to celebrate the best of humanity. MY HERO was founded in 1995 to promote cross-cultural communication, personal expression, media literacy and the arts through the MY HERO website www.myhero.com

Professional writers, artists, and filmmakers join with educators and students from around the world to share art, films and stories of heroes working toward positive change on this interactive web portal.

Wendy Milette, director of the MY HERO International Film Festival, with representatives of One World One Ocean

Since 2005, The MY HERO Film Festival has received thousands of entries from countries including Jordan, Senegal, Montenegro, Australia, and Mexico. Filmmakers of all ages and abilities, from elementary school students to professionals, are invited to share their stories with the world. For more information and to view award winning short films online visit the website at: www.myhero.com/films

The 7th Annual MY HERO International Film Festival will take place Saturday, December 3, 2011, at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts. The public is invited to screenings of inspiring films from 2:00pm-5:00pm (Suggested Donation: $20). The Awards Ceremony will begin at 6:30pm (Suggested Donation: $100). Please RSVP for the screenings and the award ceremony online: www.myhero.com/rsvp.