Oksana Peceny

by Tina from Podbrezje, Slovenia

Oksana playing violin (her facebook page (Miran Jursic))

Hello! My name is Tina Blaznik. My hero is Oksana Peceny. She is one of the best Slovenian violin players. She is also my teacher. She was born in 1983 in Kiev (Ukraine). She started playing the violin, when she was five years. Her parents are also very good musicians. Her dad Taras is a violinist, her mum Olga plays the piano. They came to Slovenia in year 1990. When she was 14 years old she went to conservatory for music and ballet to Maribor. After high school she went to college to Graz. In the middle of the year she went to Academy for music in Ljubljana. Her teacher was Primoz Novsak. In the middle of college she had a big concert with the Slovenian philharmonic with violin concerto Sibelius. Now she is teaching in Music school Grosuplje. She is also concertmaister at No Borders Orchestra. She's played with all big Slovenian and Croatian orchesters. She is played with the Slovenian philharmonie, RTV orchestra Lj and Zagreb, SNG Ljublana and Maribor, solists Piranesi, Zagreb's solists. But she's had concerts in other countries and cities too (Romania, Libanon, Vienna,...). She speaks 7 languages: Slovenian, Croatian, Russian, Ukrainan, English, German and Italian. She became famous with Sibelius concerto. She is a winner of 3 competitions, but she has many other awards too. Her special award is student's "Presernova nagrada". I like her way of playing the violin! I hope I'll be that good too! :)