NRS Student Wins Top Spot in
My Hero Film Competition

by New Roads School

NRS Student Wins Top Spot in My Hero Film Competition

Bravo to New Roads 11th grader Gabrielle Gorman, whose film Bombingham won a top spot in the My Hero Project’s annual competition. A panel of esteemed judges, including USC professors, media professionals, educators, students and activists, selected Bombingham as the winner of the highly competitive High School Narrative Category. Bombingham addresses the 1963 string of bombings targeting African American homes and churches in Birmingham, Alabama. The My Hero Project’s Director of Film Festivals and Media arts says, “Our judges agreed that Gabrielle’s was the clear winner. She uses an expressionistic style to shed light on a very serious historical event. Gabrielle is a promising filmmaker and a gem of a human being.”

Bombingham will be among the films screened on November 22 at the 10th Annual My Hero International Film Festival, which will take place in New Roads School’s Moss Theater. Learn more about the festival.

New Roads School - Read the article directly from the New Roads School website