Nikola Tesla

by Dillon

My hero is a man who has revolutionized electronics for all of us. This man is Nikola Tesla. He was extremely heroic and showed it by being dedicated, creative, and revolutionary. He is a revolutionary because he designed over 100 innovative creations. He was creative because his inventions were unheard of at the time and he was a writer. Lastly he was dedicated to his work because he subjected himself to potentially dangerous electric currents and proved they were safe. Those are the reasons why he is my hero.

Nikola Tesla was extremely dedicated to his work and it was shown in his work. He took huge risks in his career, including exposing himself to potentially dangerous AC currents and proving they are not dangerous. He was extremely dedicated because he spent a large amount of time tweaking and perfecting the idea of transferring power through air, and made it a reality. And lastly he was dedicated because he had complete control over his willpower. He started training his willpower early on in his life and ended up being able to finish any project or quit any bad habits.

As well as dedicated, he was extremely creative throughout his life. In his free time he would enjoy reading. He loved it so much that he was young he would sneak into his father's library and read. He also liked to write often, like his father. Throughout his life he wrote poetry, but much to his dismay it was never published. Nikola was likewise an inventor in his childhood. When he was six he built a waterwheel, much like his bladeless turbine invention. He said he looked back on that for inspiration when building the bladeless turbine.

Lastly, Tesla was a revolutionary. He revolutionized so many things, like light, power transmission and he invented neon lights. He discovered the rotating magnetic field fluorescent lights, which are brighter than normal ones, laser beams; wireless communications, which are extremely important, remote control, robotics, Tesla's turbines and vertical take off aircraft. Likewise he invented a better light bulb design than Edison, although Edison later got credit for it. Without these very important inventions modern technology would be different.

In conclusion Nikola Tesla was a great inventor and important person in history. The most amazing thing is that he had some psychological disorders like an OCD. He inspires me to be dedicated and creative no matter what lies in my way. He has numerous revolutionary patents that help people, and that insxpires me to want to help people in any ways that I can, as small as they may be. That is why he Nikola Tesla is my hero.