My Mother

by Peri from Baku, Azerbaijan

(My mom and me)
(My mom and me)

My hero is my mother.  I  like everything that she does.  I love her very much.  This doesn't mean that not all people love their mothers.

It depends on how they think of something.  Not everyone agrees with what their mothers do or say.  It's normal.  They can have different opinions.  Almost all girls and especially boys, want to be a hero.  We learn about brave people from newspapers, magazines, books, films and TV programmes.  We are proud of them.  I think our time is also rich in heroism.  All people have their own ideas. As for me, my mom is my hero.  And I'd like to tell you about her.  Her name is Jale.  She was born in Baku.

My mom is a teacher of English and American literature.  I'm proud of my mother, because she is clever, kind  and the one person in my life that I can trust the most.  I can tell my mother everything and she'll understand me.  She helps not only me but my friends too.  My classmate ( a girl) had some difficulties.  She didn't know what to do  and told me.  Then I realized that she never tells her mother anything.  I wanted to help her.  So I told everything to my mom.  She explained  how we can solve it.  One day I invited my friend to my house.  We had a good time and my mom tried to convince her not to hide her thoughts and tell her mother.

She did it.  She was very happy when she found her mom kind and not so strict as she thought.

My mother is just an amazing person in general.  I'm so happy  that my mom is strong and is willing to keep the family together.

I haven't shared my hero with anybody before. Now I'm glad to know about others' heroes and can share about mine.