My Mother

by Helen from Wheeling

No. 1 Mom (Family photo)
No. 1 Mom (Family photo)

I’m writing about my mom. She is very much a hero, my mom. My mom is very nice and she saved my life. She gave me a great birthday. I had some birthdays at Wheeling Park, MacDonalds, and the YMCA. She is so kind she let me adopt a kitten. 3 months later Sweaty died and we still have the cage that we brought her home in. She cared for me and my dog and cat. She even brought me 10 fish and 1 invisible hamster. She fought breast cancer for 6 years.

She would have a treatment and the next morning she would act like it never happened. Every morning I told her I will love you even if you die. So my kindergarten teacher came to her funeral and I put a flower in her hands and I walked back. My dad started to cry and our lives passed. Well now me and my dad are living our lives so we don’t forget her but we just move on. She is the person who gave us pizza in 2nd grade. She helped pay for field trips. She had a broken hip when I was little. We went on a walk at night.

She was a veterinarian, now some lady took her place. My mom lived when she was born and before she died.

Mom and Nikki (Family Photo)
Mom and Nikki (Family Photo)