My Mother

by Dato from Gavazi, Georgia

My hero isn’t a famous person. She is an ordinary woman of 50. This is my mum. I was 2 when my father died. I can’t remember him but mum was the one who did all the best to raise three orphans alone with a very low salary which teachers had some years ago in Georgia. Mum is a teacher of my school. She teaches me foreign language. She used to lead very hard life, besides school work she had a vineyard and a hazelnut garden, a fruit garden to take care after school. Mum also gave private lessons with the students who had difficulties in studying. She did everything to keep the family and to make our life easy.

Mum is very helpful and generous. She is always ready to share other people’s worship. She helps orphans in studying without fee. Despite she is so busy at school and at home, she is involved in many projects at school. I think she has a very strong spirit I am admired with her. She loves her job very much and I see how the children love her too. I am proud of my mum. She has so many good habits. She is calm, smart, sociable, ambitious and intelligent. I like her habits and wish I were as mum is.