My Mom

by Deanne from Wheeling

My mom is my hero because she is very special to me. She keeps me safe day and night. She takes care of me whenever I was sick. She is a great mother, and she is one of a kind. She is a wonderful mom to me, my sisters, and “furry” sister(dog), Mylee. She is and was always there for me. Without my mom, my life would have never been the same.

My mom was born on March 28th, 1969. She was the youngest of three. Her life as a kid was all simple. The notebooks were their computers! There were no cell phones, no computers, barely any technology. She lived in Wheeling Island when she was a little girl, then she moved away. When my mom was two years old, she got hit by a car and the old man died hit by a car, she now and present day has a back problem. My mom says that she admires her sister, back then and now, because they always have been best friends.

When my mom moved away, she met my dad. And they became boyfriend and girlfriend; when she was nineteen years old, she had her first daughter, Nicole. My mom’s favorite season is Fall. Years later, Nicole got a Golden Retriever, Martha. Most members in my family love dogs, because dogs are your best friends, they’re funny, and they’re dogs.

Over five year later, she had me. Then less than a year later, she had my sister, Lindsay, so it was Nicole, me, and Lindsay.

As my mom began life as a single mother, and struggling because of her back. When I was a month old, she fell down the stairs(ice),and I was in her hands, but, she did not drop me.

My mom is a wonderful person, and she tried her best to take care of me and my sisters. Now we have my mom, Lindsay, Nicole, me, and my beagle, Mylee, living together with a happy life.