Martha

by Myvette from Ontario

"Do your best in school and you will go a long way"
My mom at a wedding in Guatalajara. ( ())

My hard working, caring, and loving mom is my hero and one of my best friends.  She is my hero because she works hard to get her family things that they need and she puts others before herself.  She is very responsible, respectful, and loving.  She was born in Pomona and then decided to move to Ontario and start a business.  Her family and business have grown and improved.  She is one of the few people I can truly trust.  My mom always knows how to fix my problems.                                                                                                        

My mom used to get good grades and encourages me to do well in school. She also gives good advice of how to do well in school and do things I want when I am still young.  She wanted to go to college to be a waitress on the plane, but she never got to go to college.  She encourages me to go college, so I can have a good career.  Both of my mom's parents were both born in Guadalajara, but moved to California to get a job.  Her hero was her mom because she raised four children by herself.

Heroes don't have to be famous, because anybody can do anything heroic or be a hero.  A characteristic of a hero is someone who puts other people before themselves.  A hero also has to have strength, both physically and emotionally. They also have to be responsible and courageous.

My mom will always be my hero because of all things she has given and done for me.  She inspires me to be a good person and to make the right decisions.  She also inspires me to be like her when I am older, caring, loving, strong, and responsible.