Mama

by Matthew from Austin

What I think a hero is to me is that you admire them and you look up to them. I chose my hero because she is kind and nice. She does lots of good things and I want to be like her when I grow up.

My hero is my mom. My mom helps me on my homework and cares about me very much and tucks me in bed. She was born in Indonesia. To be specific, she was born in Medan. Her father is a factory and candy shop owner. My mom graduated from The University of Texas at Austin. When she was little, my mom had long hair. My mom still has that hair. She has only one child and that is me! Her first job was an industrial engineer in a Rattan furniture manufacturing company. In case you don't know, rattan is a type of plant not a pest. She once worked as a accounting manager at Proctor and Gamble Indonesia. Her company made Pringles, SK II, Vicks, Oil of Olay and many more consumer products. Then my Mom worked in a biomedical company as an executive assistant for companies mergers and acquisitions. My mom helped buy other companies and merge them into one.

Wiki Indonesia - Indonesia page