End Malaria Campaign

by Benson from Gaborone, Botswana

Tommie Hamaluba (GSS Teacher), Amina Salum Ali, Africa Union Ambassador to the US and Benson Kedumele (Student Leader)

In 2009 the campaign was held in Tsau. Students from both school completed their fundraising activities for this noble exercise. Change this year has impacted the most affected part of Botswana. Among participants was Mr. Hamaluba (program director), Mr. Meyers (teacher from America), Mr. Mophuting, Benson Kedumele (student leader-SLAM) and other students.

2008 MALARIA CAMPAIGN IN LESOMA VILLAGE IN BOTSWANA

In August 2008 students and teachers from Gaborone Senior School impacted some change in northern side of Botswana. Lesoma residents on that special occasion, held at the main kgotla (meeting place) officiated by Hon Assistant Minister of Health and Area legislator, received 500 bed nets to prevent against mosquito biting thus reducing malaria in the area. The occasion was also honoured by the President of Malaria foundation Dr. M. Galinski. Change finally reached the small village of close to 1000 people.

Tommie Hamaluba - MY HERO story by Claudia Herrera Hudson~ Tommie and his team encourage individuals and organizations to take part in the fundraising and education necessary to win the fight against this relentless disease that kills an average of 1 child every 30 seconds