Mironov Vladimir

by Danil from Kurgan

Military Hero
Mironov Vladimir

My is Vladimir Mironov.He is a hero of the Soviet Union. He performed a heroic deed during the Second World War.

He was Russian. He was born in 1925 in Central Russia. He finished elementary school and worked on a farm when the war broke out. In 1941 Nazi invaded the Soviet Union. They occupied Mironov's homeland.

In 1943 Vladimir joined the guerrilla group. He was a machine gunner, a scout.

In 1944 Mironov joined the Red Army. He took part in the battles on the Baltic Fronts, the 3d Belorussian Front. He expressed exceptional courage in the storming of Konigsburg Fortress. In April 1945 in the course of the attack he crushed three enemy strong points, captured the fortress commander together with the flag. As a result the garrison of the fort (250 Germans) surrendered. Private Mironov was awarded with the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.

Since 1950 Vladimir Mironov served in the Kurgan region. He died in 1977. A street in the district of Uval (where School No 23 is situated) is named after Vladimir Mironov.