My Mother

by Tilen from Trnovo, Slovenia

My hero is my mother. She didn’t save lives but she is still my hero. She is a hero to me because she is always there for me. She helps me when nobody else can. That is well shown in a story that I’m going to tell you now. It was the first day of school and I was very nervous because I didn’t know what is going to happen, how the day is going to turn out. Then my mother stepped up to me and started to talk. She had a nice calm voice. She told me that everything is going to be okay. That voice and those words really calmed me down. After that I wasn’t nervous any more and my day went pretty well. I met some new friends and had fun. She is my hero for what she contains inside. Inside she has got a beautiful soul; she is helpful, kind, calming and other great things like that. Another good thing about her is that when she is determined to do something she won’t stop until it is finished. She is a great person and she is really a hero in my eyes. She helps me learn and she loves me which is the most important thing to me. I really respect her and deeply love her. I really wish you would meet her and really see what kind of a great person she really is – a heroine.

Tilen, Primary school Trnovo -Slovenia