Liana

by Carmen from Austin

When you hear the word family what do you think of? Most people think of mom, dad, brother, sister, and relatives. Well, yes and no. When I hear the word family I think of relatives AND friends, and that is my hero: my best friend.

ABOUT MY HERO...
My hero's name is Liana. She is my very best friend and she lives in Los Angeles, California. I live in Austin, Texas, so I can't see her every day. She is in volleyball and is Korean. The school she goes to is Mount Washington Elementary. She has 1 brother and lives with her mom and dad.

HOW WE'RE STILL FRIENDS...
Even though I live in Austin TX and going to see her every day would be great, I have something called skype. I can see her and she can see me and we can talk to each other. So it is kind of like visiting her in real life. If I could see her every day I would be the happiest person in the whole world!

Even though we live far apart and we think that we can still be friends just makes us even better friends. So if you or your best friend moves far away that doesn't mean you can't be friends anymore you will always be friends in your heart.