Lionel Andres Messi

by Eduardo from Sultana

“Goal, Goal, Goal.” Messi said.
messi's goal celebration (google images)

My hero is the best soccer player in the world, Lionel Andres Messi. He is my hero because he has inspired me to play soccer and never give up. He has inspired me because of his strategies and moves. He has shown that he doesn’t give up because if they are losing he works hard to get their points back up in the game. Messi is in two club soccer teams; Barcelona and Argentina. An interesting fact about his youth is he was compared to Diego Maradona, a soccer player that is one of the best of all. My opinion is that Messi is the fastest runner. I think he is because once they passed the ball to him and he took off, running fast, and passed five defenders. He even passed the goalie.

My hero has helped win many games and soccer cups for Barcelona and Argentina. He has also helped by showing he is working hard and he does not give up easily on a soccer game. Another thing that he is good at is when the ball gets taken away from one of his teamates he goes to help prevent the other team from scoring a goal.

My hero lives in Spain, but sometimes goes back to Argentina. He went to Spain because the coach of FC Barcelona would pay the medical bills if he moved. So they moved to Spain and had a new life there. Also because they would pay him about a million dollars each year.

My hero Lionel Andres Messi was born in June 24, 1987. Messi’s birthplace was in Rosario, Argentina. Messi has 2 brothers and 1 sister all living together in a house with their parents.

My hero is important to me because he has shown me to not quit until the game is over. Like when they're losing by a lot he still doesn't give up. Another reason he is important to me is that he showed me to be confident and not nervous when I'm playing a soccer game. He has changed my life because I thought soccer was boring until Messi started playing and that's when I got interested. That is why I will never give up, because Messi didn't.