Julia

by Pascual from Buenos Aires

Julia is my cousin who I consider a hero; she lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, with her mother, father and sister. She is very intelligent, nice and extremely patient. Sadly, she is also handicapped.

I admire Julia, because she has no problem with having permanent crutches because of a sickness that she has had since she was little. She is so patient that, when other kids play running games around her and don’t include her, she doesn’t get mad (I personally would hit them with a crutch).

The part that I most admire about her is that she is extremely happy with life. She always has a smile on her face and says she is lucky to have a cousin like me. I would not say that. She helps people in small but useful ways.

I think Julia would be a hero on the spot and I would like to compare her with Helen Keller. They were both handicapped, but they were able to overcome their difficulties, were happy in life and even helped other people.

To conclude this essay, I would say that Julia is the strongest (mentally) person that I know, because she overcomes her misfortunes and does small things that are helpful to others.