Josee Sutton

by Anna from Xenia

"A true champion is someone who wants to make a difference, who never gives up...A true champion works hard and never loses sight of her dreams" ~Dot Richardson

My hero is Josee Sutton. She is my Girl Scout Troop leader. I chose her as my hero because she is loving, caring, helpful, and takes time to make sure that everyone around her is okay. I think she should get a big prize for that!

Josee has 4 children to raise and still has time for things that she loves. She enjoys going bowling, swimming, traveling, being outdoors, and cooking with her family. When she was younger, she lived with her family in Canada, France, Norway, England, Africa, Italy, Germany, and many places in the United States. When she lived in Africa, it was difficult for her to see many people die. The most difficult challenge Josee has faced was when her little boy died.

When she was younger, Josee had two goals. She wanted to be a dietician and a Girl Scout. Josee became a Girl Scout, but she did not become a dietician. She changed her mind about becoming a dietician and she joined the United States Air Force instead. When she was in the Air Force, she was named "Air Force Person of the Year".

Josee's life goal is to be the best that she can be. Her role model is Jesus Christ. She loves the life she has and hopes that it could never end. The one thing that she wants is to get her Master's Degree.

Josee became a troop leader for Girl Scouts because she wanted to help girls reach for their goals. She had to take many classes to become a Girl Scout leader. Josee became a leader in 1999. She would like to be more organized and to work harder. The best thing about her is she loves to teach kids to read!