Jeanette J.

by Scott from London, Ontario.

Think Positive and you will do your best.

Jeanette was born in London, Ontario, Canada. Jeanette is my mother. She went to St. Francis Catholic School from junior kindergarten to grade eight. When she graduated from St. Francis and onto secondary school, she went to Sir Wilfrid Laurier Secondary School. After five years in secondary school, Jeanette graduated in the thirteenth grade and moved onto a university: Wilfrid Laurier University. Through the years, Jeanette liked to play marbles with her father on the the carpet. She also liked to get ice cream from the ice cream man. In the 1980s, Jeanette liked to play on her Nintendo Entertainment System (N.E.S.). Some of Jeanette's challenges in life were looking after her younger sister. She also had to babysit her a lot. Even though her sister was old enough to do chores, Jeanette had to do all the chores around the house.

My mother is my hero because she is selfless and she believes in everyone that they can reach their goals. When my older sister was playing a basketball game, Jeanette encouraged her to try her best to win the game. When I am at cross country or track and field, she tells me to think positive and not negative so I can do my best in the event. My mother never says anything mean or disrespectful. If she sees anyone slacking, she would push them hard to do their best. An example is when I was at a track and field meet. I was on my last lap of the 400 metre run and I felt like I could not finish, until my mother yelled from the crowd "Keep on going! Don't give up! Remember, think positive!" That made me keep on sprinting to the finish line. She did not care what position I came in, as long as I tried my hardest in the race. Same goes for my report card marks. Jeanette is the best support when I am facing a challenge.

In summary, Jeanette is my hero because she helps me find my positive side. Whether if I am at track and field or if I am at a soccer game, my mother encourages me a lot. She is the most encouraging family member I could ever know.

Jeanette lived in South London for all of her life. She got married to Jeffrey J. in 1995. Jeanette gave birth to her oldest child, Ann, in 1997. In 1999, She gave birth to twins which she named Emily and Scott. Jeanette lived with her father and her family for five years until she moved away from her parent's house with her husband and her three children in 2005.