Horia Stoica

by Sergiu Campan from Alexandru Papiu Ilarian Highschool Dej

Many people, especially children believe in the existence of heroes like Superman, Spiderman or Batman, but I know that the real heroes are ordinary people who are always ready to satisfy their lives to save other's lives.

My hero is the chief agent Horia Stoica. He is a policeman from the village of Secusigiu, situated in the Arad county. One day, while was returning home from Arad, in the village of Felnac, he saw how a man jumped out of the window of a house on fire. The man was angry and he was cursing and hitting surrounding objects while shouting: "My girl, my girl." Hearing this, Horia thought that it had to be someone else in the house and without any hesitation he entered the house which was still on fire, and he was astonished by what he had seen: there were 4 children in the house, 3 of them were tied to bed and one, wearing only the diaper was crying, being very frightened. Horia took them all, two in one arm, two in the other arm, and he got out of the house, which started to crack, and crash down. Then he announced firefighters immediately, but he was now sure that the kids had been saved form death.

In my opinion he is a real hero and I believe that his gesture was a gesture of big courage, which I appreciate very much, because he risked his life saving those children, while their father was cursing and hitting the objects around. He was awarded the "Police of the Year" Award for his courage and he is a model to be followed.