My Grand dad

by Alija from Trnovo, Slovenia

When I was a very little girl, my grandpa had a cancer. After a few months he died. Before his death I was sick and in the hospital. Mum and dad were working for a few hours and in this few hours I was very lonely, but my grandpa came to me, from his home, to read me fairytales. The whole two weeks he came to me and read so that I could fall asleep. He really cared for me and I recovered faster.

I don’t remember him very well, because he died when I was three years old. But I still remember that he had short brown hair, green eyes and he was working at the newspaper. Many people told me, that he was a hard-working, kind, open – minded, optimistic and a positive man. My grandma always told me that we have the same face profile. I don’t really believe her, but because she is always talking about it I guess it must be true.

It would be lovely still having him with us, love like that is always needed.

Nina 6.b, Primary school Trnovo, Slovenia.