Guadalupe Rodriguez

by Giovanni from Ontario

''No matter how hard things are always try your best''
 ( ())
( ())

In peoples' lives they have heroes; for example, Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King. People look up to these heroes, but in your life is there a hero you can depend on in your family. I do. I can tell you many, but the most important person in my life is my mom. The reason why my mom's a hero is because she gives up time to spend time with me. I sometimes turn her down when she invites me to places. She understands me more than anyone I know. My mom will be kept in my heart as a hero. She is an inspiration to me because every day she tells me to be good at school. Sometimes when she is having a hard time, I do my best in school so she can be happy. She sometimes gives me hugs when I pass a test.

A hero can have many characteristics. They can be brave, courageous, or noble. Heroes also have to think about others before thinking about themselves. They have to take on any risks for others. It doesn't have to be someone famous; it just has to be someone you can keep in your heart. The hero can also be family like my mom. Peoples' heroes can be looked at in different ways, like they can be a risk taker or a friend.

Heroes give inspiration like my mom. She inspires me to do my best in school. She always tells me have a good day or good luck. She inspires me in whatever I do with kind words. I always think how lucky I am to be her son. My mom has always had a hard time because when my dad left her she had to work overtime to support my brother and me. She had hard times before she met my dad. She married my brothers' dad when she was 15 years old in Mexico. My mom was with my brothers' dad for about 27 years. Once she left him, she fell in with my dad. She was with him for seven years. Soon my mom married my step-dad. Until this day my mom, is still happy with her life and inspires me not to give up on love. She has made many sacrifices for me , and for that she is my inspiration, and forever she will be my hero.