Gillian Lynne

by Alexa V. from Pennsylvania

Age Is Just a Number
Gillian Lynn-Choreographer of (www.gillianlynne.com)

When I think of a hero, I think:
A hero is brave.
A hero is someone who saves you.
A hero is someone who makes you want to be better.
There are lots of ways to be a hero.

Gillian Lynne was born in 1926 in England. Gillian Lynne is a former Royal Ballet star, a movie and television actress, and a Broadway choreographer and director.

She was always a dancer. She was fidgety. Her mom was concerned. Her doctor said to put her in dance school.

As a young dancer, she danced in Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty. I danced in Sleeping Beauty too. I like that.

When Gillian Lynne became a choreographer, she changed dance by mixing three types of dance: ballet, modern and jazz all together. This was really different. She was brave to do something so different.

Gillian Lynne choreographed “Cats” and “Phantom of the Opera” at an age when many people would have stopped working. At age 83, she is still working and doing things her way. I like that.

Gillian Lynne is my hero because she doesn’t let her age or anything else tell her what she can do.
AGE IS JUST A NUMBER.

By Alexa V-with minor editing from Mom

Gillian Lynne .com - biographical information on Gillian Lynne
wikipedia - online encyclopedia
Ballet co. - ballet news
Istd.org - dance news

www.reallyuseful.com/shows/cats/shows-archive/creative-teams/cats-original-creative.../associate-director-and-choreographer
www.youngdancers.org.uk/Whosinvolved/GillianLynne.
www.istd.org/news/2006/oct06/gillianlynne.html -
www.ballet.co.uk/magazines/yr_09/jun09/interview-gillian-lynne.htm
www.gillianlynne.com/career.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillian_Lynne –
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_
Dance Doc - Cats 3 min 12 sec-www.youtube.com