George Brady

by Kazia from Prescott

George Brady (connectn.com)
George Brady (connectn.com)

My hero is George Brady BECAUSE he risked his life and he tells about when he lived in Terezin and Auschwitz. Those were concentration camps in World War Two. He tells people that there were gas chambers and what they do is tattoo a number on your arm. The Nazis would post notices and whenever that day came they would come and destroy towns and they would tear families apart and work them like slaves. At the camp, there was a guy that said who to kill and who to take and what to do.

After the war, he was all alone, no sister no mom or dad. I feel bad for him because his family died. And when his sister Hana died she was 13. She died because when that leader of the notices at the camp said "I do not want Hana alive and I do not want her to be a slave either."

George was very cherishing and caring and very loving and there is a book about George and Hana. The name is Hana’s Suitcase and it won many awards. It is very popular and George is now 84 years old. If I were him I would be very scared from all his memories about the past. He is still alive, living in Toronto in Ontario.

For all these reasons, George Brady is my hero.