George Bartley

by Zoe from Wheeling

Chestnut Tree (www.2020site.org/trees/chestnut.html)

My grandfather, George Bartley, is my hero. I call him Pap pap besides grandpa or grandfather. He’s my hero because he’s always there for me and is always on my side for what we should do or play. He loves to help me when I’m having trouble or had something go wrong. He’ll never turn on someone or turn someone down. He will always help and if he gets stuck on something he will always try to find the answer.

My Pap won’t get you in trouble but he will like to tease with you and start to play around. My grandfather will like to call you names like mine is Lady Janie and his is Cranky Pants! What my grandfather does is he will try to have fun but it’s kinda hard because he is now 64 years old. He has an old back injury from when he fell out of a window and when he fell off a ladder getting chestnuts out of his chestnut tree.

My Pap Pap has a role model just like we all do. His role model is his Uncle William Tibbs. His Uncle William Tibbs is almost like a grandfather to my Grandfather because he was there for him all his life until he died. My grandfather and his Uncle Tibb's favorite subject is Science! Science was one of the easiest class to pass, I was told. When he would get to class he would always end-up in detention that day, because he would pull a prank on his teacher.

Like many people my Pap Pap was married to my mom's mom on February in 1969. After 3 years of marriage they had their first daughter Maria, then Georgie, and then my mom. My grandfather has tons of likes and dislikes. He HATES dogs but loves cats. My Pap lived on Front Street in Weirton, West Virginia. He grew up in a little blue house with 6 sisters and 5 brothers.