Firefighters

by Aljaz from Trvovo, Slovenia

I was thinking who could my hero be. Then I decided. My heroes are firefighters. That´s because they risk their own lives to save others from burning houses, cars They don´t know, if they will survive, but they always try to save others from death.

When ever something happens, they are the first to come. When the world trade towers crashed down and NYC was running out of power, all units from others cities, also off-duty and retired firefighters came to help. Many men were lost in that action but they will never be forgotten.

Some of them are also volunteers and they don’t get paid for that. All firefighters are brave and they need to be risk-takers for their job. They have good organizational and communication skills. They are focused on rescuing lives and fighting fire. Firefighters are goal oriented and have clear focus. They act professionally when they come from the station and it stays the same till the end of the action. Firefighters lead others out of buildings through the smoke, fire and help them out.

This is why they are my heroes. They never think what if… they act, for the cause of life.

Aljaž Gradišar, Slovenia, Primary school Trnovo.