Friderik Pregl

by Klara from Naklo, Slovenia

Fridreik (Fritz Pregl) (Wikipedia ())
Fridreik (Fritz Pregl) (Wikipedia ())

Friderik or Fritz Pregl was a famous Slovenian person. He's famous for organic microanalysis. He's won a Lieben Prize (1914) and a Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1923). He was the first Slovenian who got the Nobel Prize and the only one. He researched also biochemistry. 

Fritz was born on 3rd of September in year 1869 in Ljubljana (capital city of Slovenia). His father's name was Raimund and his mother's name was Fridericke Schalker. She was a German. In the time when he lived it was Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. In years 1880-1887 he was studying on Ljubljana's classic gymnasium. His marks at school were bad, only physics was okay. Than he was in the university of Graz, that's in Austria. When he was studying, he was focused on chemistry.  

He was a doctor and not a chemist. He became a doctor in year 1894.He died on 13th of September in year 1930 in Graz. When he died, he was 71 years old. He moved to Insbruck on October in year 1910. He worked on institute for medicine chemistry. He made a very specific scale. He wasn't the first one, but he was the first one in our country. 

He died in Graz. It happened on 13th of September in year 1930.