Sir Frederick Grant Banting

by Chris from London, Ontario

Sir Frederick Banting

Sir Frederick Grant Banting was born the youngest of five children in Alliston, Ontario, on November 14, 1891. He went to school at Allison PS and Statham High School. Frederick studied medicine in his excess time and his experimentation led to the discovery of insulin on October 31st, 1920 Frederick was also a patriot and served in WWI and attempted to serve in WWII, However his plane crashed, ultimately ending Frederick`s life.

Frederick Banting is my hero because he saved so many lives, including my grandfather`s. I am proud to say that Frederick Banting had his idea right here in the town of London, Ontario. Frederick persevered in life. School did not come easy to him yet he tried until he succeeded. Frederick was a good role model, perseverance-wise.

Frederick won a Nobel Peace Prize for his discovery in 1923 And was knighted in 1934.

In all, Dr. Banting is my hero because I admire his personal qualities and because he discovered Insulin.