Enriqueta Martinez

by Bianca from Ontario, California

"Believe in yourself and all that you are know that you are know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle"

Never give up and keep on succeeding till you get what you want" is something my grandma would say. My grandma was born in Comala, Colima. My grandma is one of 8 children. Her father passed away when she was 9, she stopped going to school when she was 12 and began to work to help her mom support her brothers and sisters. She got married to my grandpa and had 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. My grandma and my grandpa worked very hard to give their children what they didn't have. She came to California for a better life for her and her kids. Soon her kids had kids. Now my grandma has 16 grandchildren.

She inspires me because she takes care of me and my family through rough times. She is a hero because she is never mean to people and she loves to say hi to people including strangers. The characteristics my grandma has is she kind, loving, always there when you need her, funny, and always tells the truth.  She never stays mad at someone for very long.